• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Advocate/Milbemax

Nicki

I have just read about a Welsh Springer who was very poorly after having had the Advocate spot on treatment for fleas, mites etc and using Milbemax wormer within a day of each other.

Others have also reported this, and the vet who sees the Welshie is now putting stickers on all the boxes of Advocate they are selling advising people not to give the two products together.

I thought it best to warn people!!

Thanks for that. It would seem a heavy load for many dogs to get two doses of pesticide like this together, even separate from the brands. Hope the Welsh springer is dong better now.

Thanks Karlin - yes he's fine now thank goodness...and his wonderful Mom is doing her best to warn people.

I guess when you have two products for different things it's very easy to give them close together so that you remember...but manufacturers cannot possibly test for reactions against every product on the market.

Much better to leave at least a week between any treatments..unless your vet tells you to do otherwise.

Back