Thread: Petfinder: Crissy & Addy

Post Thanks / Like

Default Petfinder: Crissy & Addy

Post Thanks / Like

I hope someone comes forward quickly - pity I am in another country, Darren and I would adopt at a drop of a hat....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm sure they will quickly find homes; look like very nice dogs.

I do hate these sorts of statements though:

Crissy was abused somewhere in her life and still remains a little on the timid side.
    I know from Jaspar and Leo that dogs do NOT have to have been 'abused' to simply be shy and/or to dislike having people pet them on their heads (hence ducking if a hand comes near their head, which far too many people assume means a dog has been hit. As The Other End of the Leash makes clear, canines generally do not like to be pet on the head -- but will often tolerate it from us primates, who like to pet them there! :LOL: Jaspar and Leo both do not like even me reaching for their head!).

These kinds of assumptions concern me as they may alter the way people interact with a dog, lead them to let the dog off the hook or overindulge so it doesn't become a good canine citizen, etc. Such comments can also make it much much harder to home a dog because people will be wary of dealing with what they fear is a damaged dog that may have behaviour issues. Just a personal quibble but I get so annoyed at comments like this when it is clear there's no basis at all for making such an assumption. I'd encourage anyone interested in this dog not to let such a statement deter you from adopting!
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Oh man...I LOVE Crissy's little face. Chester would love to have a live-in girlfriend but alas I can not afford another baby right now. Hopefully next year I can get my second!
    "My little dog: A heartbeat at my feet."
    ~Edith Wharton

Post Thanks / Like

Karlin wrote:
    I do hate these sorts of statements though:

Quote:
    Crissy was abused somewhere in her life and still remains a little on the timid side.
    I agree with you completely! I have had Monty since he was a puppy and he has never been abused. However he is much more nervous than Gem. He is literally afraid of his shadow. We do our Rally O training at night and if the shadow of my hand crosses his face, he flinches. He hates one corner of the training area (he literally freaks sometimes in that corner and almost always refuses to sit in that area). The trainer suggested that maybe he had some vision problems. I have never noticed him bumping into anything and he doesn't seem to have any problems in the backyard at night. I think it is just his personality. Gem is fearless, Monty is not.
    J.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oh my goodness...what beauties!

Quote Originally Posted by GudrunTheRed
    Oh man...I LOVE Crissy's little face. Chester would love to have a live-in girlfriend but alas I can not afford another baby right now. Hopefully next year I can get my second!

They r both gorgeous! I would jump out of my skin if I could adopt Crissy!! And Lucy would love to have a sister! (Right now she has a fur ball sister, but a cav sister would be delightful!) I am certain I don't have a chance...but, I wrote an email requesting I be considered IF they cannot find a loving home for her, since I cannot afford the adopt fee after just getting Lucy a few months ago (we call her our "money faucet!" LOL). Crissy would not lack anything with us...she'd be spoiled rotten...but, I imagine when the person I emailed opens up my email he/she will certainly think I'm somewhat loopy!! Oh well...nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I am also head over heels with the avatar pic of Chester...he is sooooooooo beautiful. I am wondering if my Lucy is going to look something like Chester when she gets bigger????

I must apologize for not following up about what appeared to be a recurrence of a urinary tract infection in Lucy. It was the weirdest thing...all symptoms seemed to disappear when I left the vet's office. Her urinary sample came back perfectly normal and she wasn't spotting or straining at all. It actually dawned on my after I brought her home that she hadn't shown any symptoms at the vet's office or upon return home. I knew the symptoms were there in the early morning.... Well, I'm happy to say she did not have to take more antibiotics! She has been fine since then. If the symptoms return (heaven forbid!!), we will have to find out what the cause is (was)...but for now, all is well.
    I'm so lucky to have Lady Lucy in my life!