Thread: Rescue Cavalier Wanted - North East England, but will travel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rescue Cavalier Wanted - North East England, but will travel

We are now actively looking for a companion for our 6 year old boy, Cailean.

He is a little lonely after his dad passed away from MVD last month .

We've been making phone calls all over the place. We definitely want an adult, as I'm out at work part-time during the day. Cailean is not used to thinking for himself - he's very 'inbred' (his mum is his gran!!) and doesn't think that well for himself

He's a gorgeous, funny little lad though and I know he would love a new pal to while away the days.

Post Thanks / Like

hi misty where abouts are you?

i'm also in the north east

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Misty, so pleased you've decided to have a companion for Cailean.

you could try NESSR - they are on the Scottish borders and often have Cavlaliers:

http://nessr.proboards104.com/index.cgi

http://www.nessr.org.uk/

Also the Cavalier Club http://www.thecavalierclub.co.uk/start.html

have a map showing the regional co-ordinators under Cavalier Rescue

You might also like to consider a retired breeding dog or bitch, or run on show dog from a breeder -the best place to start looking is through the Cavalier clubs.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki
    Misty, so pleased you've decided to have a companion for Cailean.

you could try NESSR - they are on the Scottish borders and often have Cavlaliers:

http://nessr.proboards104.com/index.cgi

http://www.nessr.org.uk/

Also the Cavalier Club http://www.thecavalierclub.co.uk/start.html

have a map showing the regional co-ordinators under Cavalier Rescue

You might also like to consider a retired breeding dog or bitch, or run on show dog from a breeder -the best place to start looking is through the Cavalier clubs.
    Thanks Nicki .

I have just spoken to the lady at Nessr, who has told me about the little tri lad who's coming in tomorrow. Poor little lad - 4 homes in 13 months.
    Sounds like he has some problems, but they'll know more in a few days' time.

I've been phoning Cavalier Rescue all over the country this week - our North East co-ordinator has been impossible to contact, but I'm getting warmer! Apparently she's been on holiday and is now up at a Championship Show in Kelso until Monday!

Just been out this evening and came back up the drive to find Cailean laying on the windowsill pining for me, bless his little heart!

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck .....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Claire
    Good luck .....
    Thanks, Claire.

I do feel we are getting closer!

It's just a matter of leaving it to fate now - we just want to be the perfect forever home for the right little boy or girl and for Cailean to be happy.

My hubby thinks Cailean is happier on his own; I disagree. It is true Cailean is getting loads more human love because it's not shared around, but I think dogs are social creatures that need social interaction with other dogs.

The fact that Cailean wouldn't eat alone for 3 1/2 weeks bears testament to that I think. Luckily he's now back to being full-time scavenger .

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Glad that Cailean is eating a bit better - dogs do grieve for their companions.

He may be getting more human attention now, but he was used to another dog for company and will probably be lonely when you are not there.

I'm sure with the two of you, two dogs would get plenty of human interaction anyway - it's easy to make time to spend individual time wth both of them.

Keeping everything crossed for you for another Cavalier...I'm sure the right one will turn up.

Glad you are in contact with Cynthia, she is an amazing lady and works so hard for rescue dogs.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki
    Glad that Cailean is eating a bit better - dogs do grieve for their companions.

He may be getting more human attention now, but he was used to another dog for company and will probably be lonely when you are not there.

I'm sure with the two of you, two dogs would get plenty of human interaction anyway - it's easy to make time to spend individual time wth both of them.

Keeping everything crossed for you for another Cavalier...I'm sure the right one will turn up.

Glad you are in contact with Cynthia, she is an amazing lady and works so hard for rescue dogs.
    I was amazed to read of Cynthia's recent holiday with all their canine friends - how incredible is that?!!

I've been telling my 10 year old little girl all about it - it is the kind of lifestyle she wants - a home full of rescued pets!

I agree with you - although the extra-special human attention is great for Cailean, of course he is lonely when we are out. I'm sure he would like the company of a canine friend who can speak his language .

Post Thanks / Like

Still looking

I know, I know - patience is a virtue! I'd love Cailean to have a companion whilst he's still running around like a mad thing, enjoying life.