• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Two new TDI dogs!

Cathy Moon

Last April, on a whim, I took two of my cavaliers to take the CGC and TDI tests. I didn't think either one would pass - not India because she is too friendly, and not Chocolate because she is afraid of loud noises. But I just wanted to see how they'd do.

India went first. I could not believe that she behaved and passed her tests! Chocolate watched and saw India ran over for a sniff when they dropped the metal baking pans (thinking it had to do with food :roll: )

Then it was Chocolate's turn, and when they dropped the pans, which made a terrible clatter :yikes , she ran over to sniff them just as India had. She passed both tests too! :rah:

Just this week we received their photo ID badges and tags in the mail. And now we're ready to start visiting nearby nursing homes.

Hey that is fantastic! I don't think mine would pass those tests. I'd love to do therapy visiting though. Actually Lily would likely pass as she is so friendly.

Congrats! I work in a nursing home and the visits of therapy dogs are so greatly enjoyed and appreciated!

karlin said:
Hey that is fantastic! I don't think mine would pass those tests. I'd love to do therapy visiting though. Actually Lily would likely pass as she is so friendly.

Karlin, that is one very good reason to keep Lily. Not only would you give her life a higher purpose *ng*l and help her fulfill her destiny :luv: , you would also help enrich the now sterile lives of many former dog owners, with the added benefit of keeping the entire message board group at bay! :lol:

Yes, they've all been after you to keep her, and I'm joining in. :mexwav: keep her keep her keep her!

Well done, congratulations :rah:

My first cavalier Tilly was a P.A.T (patient and therepy) dog and we went mainly into special needs schools, the children loved her and the work they did in the classroom when she was about was fantastic, she really made a huge difference. Somehow the children relaxed with her about and later on my other older Sheltie did the same thing. I loved it and it was so rewarding, and I'm sure you will do also.

Even now, years later when out walking our other dogs we still meet a few of the children that we helped then. Sadly I havn't Tilly anymore but a lovely kind child always stops and asks me "how is your angel?" she was a special little girl that was totally terrified of dogs...within a month she had Tilly sat on her knee! ...the rest, slowly and with time was history...her mum told the little girl that Tilly had become an angel when she died as the little girl was so upset, it broke her heart that her "special friend" had gone away.

I never forgot this little girl even though she is a few years older now and she has never forgotton my little dog. Together they had a wonderful bond.

You will make some lovely friends and have some wonderful memories doing this work..ENJOY!

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Thanks terrificthat they passed! The terapy work is so rewarding for you, the dogs and the patients. I hope mine pass this year. They are going to take the tests in the fall. My oldest works with a reading tutor and learning disabled students and he loves it!

Back