• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

puppia / Millie

amanda L

With all the puppia talk and finding out what a puppia actually was, I just got one today and now I know why its so popular :p . Got a red one for Elliot, a big thanks to Lindsey (Posh paws) for her help on sizing, it fits perfectly (y) . I brought him out for a walk, and he was not pulling half as much in his new harness. Am going to be needing another little puppia soon....., a tiny sized one !!....got a new little female puppy (blenheim) yesterday b*n*n* , going to call her Millie ! She is so tiny compared to Elliot, and so far so good, the 2 of them are getting along ok though shes :slp: most of the time. Will post some pics soon, trying to figure out how!

Congratulations on Millie. I look forward to seeing some pictures of the baby and the proud Elliot in his new Puppia.

Congratulations of Millie, I can't wait to see her.

I would order a small in the Puppia for her, I ordered a small for Darby
and I had originally ordered xsmall but Roxanne said it was just too too
tiny.

Glad to hear they are getting along, how old is Elliot

Thanks all for messages.....little Millie is fast asleep on my lap while I'm writing this :slp: , she snores very loud for such a tiny little thing :lol: . Linda, Elliot is nearly 2, and he is a bit miffed with the whole thing, he's eating her food (stuff he never used to like), and lets her eat his, and is now answering to the name Millie aswell. He's kinda keeping his distance aswell, on the couch last night, he refused to sit beside us, and sat about a foot away. I know she'd love to cuddle into him, but he's gone like a shot if she tries. Hoping this is all normal behaviour, I reckon he'll need a bit of time to adjust. However, theres no major growling (yet), and both tails wag when they see each other. Not sure what to do about the food issue though...any advice would be great!

That's very normal behaviour. be sure to give him lots of attention as it is easy to focus on a new puppy.

Given the issues this breed can have with overeating and becoming overweight -- and given that she needs to be fed several meals daily while he only needs one or two -- I'd be feeding her in a crate. This is an excellent start for crate training too as it gives the crate good associations. Just put her in her crate with the door shut and let her out when she finishes. She may whine a bit the first few times til she realises the food is in there. As Elliiot's meals will overlap with one or two of hers, he can have his meal a distance away.

As she gets larger she and he will probably finish meals at the same time anyway as it gets a bit competitive. :) You can try them outside the crate once she is on the same feeding schedule as Eliot. Many people always feed their dogs in individual crates or in separate rooms, to prevent the fast eaters from devouring the slow eaters' meals, to prevent feeding problems (eg fights) etc. You also need to be sure she is getting her meal amount but not less or more so you should make it impossible for them to freefeed off each others' meals.

Congratulations on little Millie. Can't wait to see pics. I agree with Karlin. Feeding in a crate is a good idea. That is the only time my 5 cavaliers have a disagreement is with food. They are crated for meals always.

Thanks Karlin and Mary, I will feed her in her crate from now on. It was getting really awkward with all her meals, and Elliot is going to end up looking like a little sausage. Thanks for advice on behaviour aswell Karlin, glad to hear that it is normal :sl*p:

Millie is such a sweet name! I agree with the crate feeding. I feed mine separately because of aggression issues at dinner time.

Back