Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gentle leader no-pull harnesses

Post Thanks / Like

Great thanks for that info ....

Will look at map and see opening times so I can bring my two and get them fitted out....

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much for introducing me to the Easy Walk harness!!
    For 3 long months i have been trying to walk Riley without him pulling me. I thought i had tried everything and we weren't having much success. I swear Riley thinks he's a sled dog! Then i read the post about this harness and all the responses and thought i should try it. Well, it worked from the moment i put it on him. For the first time he didn't try to pull at all, I was thrilled! Today i was actually able to take Riley on a real walk. It was great, the neighbors commented on how lovely my little dog was and it felt so good to just walk freely with my little buddy right beside me. I was so proud and i could see what a lovely little dog he really is with his head up off the ground and tail up and waving, just trotting along. I loved it, i was so proud!
    I cannot thank you enough for this, now i can finally enjoy walks with Riley and take him into all the dog friendly stores and parks and downtown locales that i have been longing to do. Finally we can enjoy going everywhere together. You have no idea how much this has helped me and given Riley a freedom he has not had up til now. Thanks a million Karlin!
    Laura (Momma to Riley, 3 yr. old male)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hey that's great! They work really well -- they simply change the point of resistence so that dogs cannot pull. If they pull, they turn themselves completely around because they are being led from the front of the chest. Nothing pinches or hurts them for doing this; there's just no result if they try to forge ahead and they can't pull against you without suddenly not being able to go in the direction they want to go.

It's the same idea of leading a horse on a halter. There's no reason you couldn;t put a collar around the neck of a horse but it would give them a powerful point of resistence.

In a way it is funny that people decided collars were the 'right' way to walk a dog. A halter type head collar or harness of this sort, designed to give you more control, makes so much more sense. I suppose it is mostly the inconvenience of putting something else on a dog when it is already in a collar.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, was looking on the net and ended up ordering them there for handiness ...... good to know there's a place in dublin for them though ... will recommend to friends (all getting doggies at the mo! ) Think it's less responsibility than kids!!! Hope to see them on your website too soon ...

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my God ....... these harnesses are amazing .......
    I could never bring Charlie and Gizmo together for a walk by myself before but this is a miracle..... they walk together by my side very contentedly now .....

Thank you so much for recommending them ....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

These are really good too -- same idea, think these were the original design:

http://www.softouchconcepts.com/

I am going to try one out as well. I think they may work even a bit better for cavaliers as the lead won;t swing loose quite as much as with with easywalk harnesses becayse the ring where you clip the lead lies flat on the chest.

I'll let you know!!
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

These can be better because this company invented the front connection harness. BUT we have found the premier harness to fit some dogs better. So it's best to get fitted really.

We have both in stock
    Tara Choules (MAPDT 00852, CAP 1&2, HNC CBT)
    Zak, Beau and Boomer (Cavaliers dressed as Sausage dogs and Schnauzers)
    www.DogTrainingIreland.ie
    Online Store www.dogtrainingireland.ie/shop