• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

New puppy

Donald Duck

His name is Hugh, he's only 2 weeks old so we won't be able to take him home until September but I can't resist sharing his photo!
hugh1weekold2.jpg

What a cutie! Did you choose his name? I love it! :l*v:
I'm also in "waiting" mode 'til July 15 - it's hard, but I think it will be worth it!!

Hugh at 2 weeks

I did name him, for some reason I've always wanted a dog named Hugh. Luckily it fits him perfectly!
Here he is at 2 weeks!
Hugh2WeeksOld.jpg

releathe said:
he's only 2 weeks old so we won't be able to take him home until September
quote]

He is beautiful, what a sweetie. But are you not able to take him home sooner? I have had all my pups at 8 weeks - that 8-12 week time is so important for bonding and early learning of your ways.

Initially we weren't sure if the breeder would let him go at 8 weeks (she always plays in safe with a new litter to ensure the health of all her puppies) but it does look like little Hugh will be allowed to come home w/us in August! :D I'm busting at the seams!

Of course their health is the prime thing as the breeder says. My breeder is an animal behaviourist and she stressed how beneficial it was for bonding to have the puppy from about 8 weeks. But on the other hand I know many people who take older puppies or dogs several years old and they bond beautifully.

They really are little babies at 8 weeks so they do need extra special care - and lots of cuddles and lots of rest too.

Enjoy your little bundle...and take lots of photos if you can. They really grow so fast. My Lucy is 19 weeks now and has changed so much!

Back