Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paper training???????

Post Thanks / Like

Gillian, I would totally recommend the wee-wee pads (you can get them in most petstores or on internet if there's none near to you)...

We did this for our two and it worked in 2 DAYS!!!! We only finished our pack of 7 as we had them but after about 3/4 pads, they knew what to do ....

They MAY miss a little in the beginning but you really should see the results very quicky ....

Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

We used wee pads with paper underneath so it showed around the edges with all our three, we had one in the kitchen by the back door, one on the landing and one in the living room, try placed a bit of her wee on the mat so she can smell it and as she learns to wee on it, give praise and a treat, the more she does it move it closer to the door......

Post Thanks / Like

Also there is another product out there that will help with training them to go outside...its the "Pee-post" It basically works like the wee-wee pads but 4 outside..u just post it where u want the dogs to go and bring them to that same spot until they get the hang of it...then u won't need it anymore (but keep it just in case u get another pup)
    Aaron, King and the rest of family
    living in NY

Gillian Guest

Thanks for all the tips. I bought the wee wee pads.At first she wouldnt do on them . then she had a couple of good days when she did . Now She wont again. I dont know what is going on.I am just continuing to persist. Hopefully she will get the idea.
    Thanks again.What did you do when she wee weed on the floor.???

Post Thanks / Like

Gillian

She is so very young yet so it will take lots of patience. You can only correct her if you catch her in the act of pottying off the pads. If you catch while she is doing it simply pick her up and give her a firm "No!" and put her on the pad with "potty here". When she does wee on the pad praise her like the is absolutely the best girl in the world. Cavaliers -some- can be stubborn with potty training and this baby is yet so young. Give her time and have patience. I know it can be frustrating but you are doing a good job. Good luck.
    Mary-owned by Maya, Scout, Jazz and Sassy
    Annie at the bridge 3/13
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance......