• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Suggestions for names, please!

nlg679

Hi!
I need help choosing a name for the little girl I am bringing home in August. I would like something British ...perhaps old fashioned.
Your ideas will be most welcome.

Thanks!
Nancy
Wet New Jersey
......will it ever stop raining??????????//

Got me thinking cap on Nancy, will ask me buddy Nicki if she can come up with something she is really really good at that.

Any particular letter ??????????????????

How about Charlotte (a female version of Charles) or Victoria - Queen Vic loved her CKCS's ...

Emily is very English and so is Emma - give me an initial and I will try and think of a nice English name for you LOL. If you're very lucky i might even throw in some Welsh ones that you won't be able to pronounce as well ;) :lol:

My aunt had pugs named Winnifred (Winnie) and Victoria. I always liked Winnie as a name!

I am open to any and all replies...can't do Emma as my little niece's name is Emma.

Keep the ideas coming!

Names

Thinking of names is great fun!!
When I got my two rabbits I chose names from my favourite film at the time so I picked Merry and Pippin from Lord of the RIngs!!
So I try and think of my favourite book at the time or something like that!!
What about characters from Shakespeare??
Cordelia, Ophelia??!!
Brid

karlin said:
My aunt had pugs named Winnifred (Winnie) and Victoria. I always liked Winnie as a name!

Winnie is one of my favorites too. I also like Ramona; I think it's funny. I plan to use that for my next dog.

My little Whitney gets shortened to "Winnie" it's a bit easier to call out when it follows the other three!

my contribution!...

Lara, Hattie, Tiffy & Mable, are all on my own "one day" list!

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Alison---
Honey Bee is quite cute.....
May I borrow? Miss Honey Bee....Hmmmmmm

Keep the ideas coming. ;)

Nancy
NJ

Oh too bad you can't use the name Emma. I love that one. I had a Arab/Andalusian cross mare that I named The Divine Miss Emma and called her Emma. Victoria and Winnifred are also cool....Torie or Winnie for short.

Nancy,

I would just love you to use Miss Honey-Bee, it would be a lovely idea, please, please do.

My Honey-Bee is the little blenheim, she was brought home after being rescued from a Welsh Puppy Farm last June. I thought of her name before I drove to collect her, and she is just that... a little "Honey-Bee" you couldn't get a sweeter little girl!

I am sure she would be most honoured.

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Alison's right, her little Hunnybuns is so beautiful that to know her is to love her. She's such a little darling and no trouble at all. In fact, she's THE most gorgeous girlie doggy I've ever met. Does that tell you how much I love her ?????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is quite a possibility-Miss Honey Bee....very sweet name!
I also like Winnifred--Winnie for short.
I am keeping a list.
I think once I get up to look at litter I will get a better 'feel' for what fits. icon_whistling
Thanks for all of the ideas...keep them coming!

Nancy

How fun to select the "perfect" name. My grandkids are nuts over Disney so I have Flora and Fauna (is Merriweather out there somewhere?) I had a dear little tri that we lost way too soon. I loved her name - Beatrice. Old fashioned yet BeaBea was so sweet and fit her wonderfully. I have always thought some of the "older" names were much more fitting for our "old" breed. Maybe: Bette, Gertrude (Trudie), Frances (Frannie), Alberta (Bertie), Althea, (Thea), Candice (Candi), Dora, Hortence (maybe not :lol: ) Mable, Mildred (Millie), Penelope (Penny), Sophia, (Sophie) Thelma, Velma, Veronica (Ronnie) - - This could go on and on.

Whichever name you choose will be the right one. Good luck with your new baby.

JaneB

Ebony, Clancy
Come on Nancy just call her Sassy be brave if Darby had been a little girl I would of definetely broke my chain of "D"s and called him SASSY.

I love that name.

Sassy....Hmmm.....sassy in a good way? or in a...."I'm going to give you a run for your money way?????

Sassy is going on the list ...It is cute and I like names that end in a y.

;)
Nancy

Back