• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

New Puppy coming home Saturday, July 8! Newbie

Daisy's Mom

Hello, Everyone!

I'm a long-time Cavalier lover who is FINALLY having her dream come true, as we are picking up our Blenheim puppy next Saturday! I've done so much research and so much dreaming about this that it hardly seems real. I've enjoyed reading all your posts, and can now join in the conversations!

Her name will be Daisy, and she will be 10 weeks old when we get her. We looked long and hard for a breeder that follows the MVD protocol and had the type of puppy we were looking for. We feel like we've found her. We are spending about twice what we had hoped to, but we hope we are rewarded for spending that much by having a dog who is healthy for a long, long time. My husband about had a coronary over the price, but I finally had to just grit my teeth and stand my ground (I'm paying for her myself anyway, but he is very frugal and thinks I'm crazy for spending that much money.)

Just wanted to introduce myself and join in the fun. Wish us luck that she doesn't get carsick because we have an 8 1/2 hour drive home from the breeder's house!

DeAnna

[/img]

Trying to post a picture

Thanks for all your kind comments -- we can hardly wait for the big day!

:drivecar:

Hi DeAnna. Welcome. How exciting for you. Daisy certainly is a pretty little girl. Hope the trip goes well. We will love to see pics of her once she is home.

Hiya and welcome,

Daisy is a real babe :flwr: Hope everything goes well for you, there's nothing quite like the breath of a Cavalier pup against your neck when you cuddle them in :D

Oh Daisy is so cute!! So good that you did your research and didn't settle for less. Isn't it exciting that you've waited and waited and now it's going to happen??!!

Hey, DeAnna. Welcome to the Board. We'll help you count down the days. I think most of us live vicariously through those that are bringing home new babies. Don't forget to post pictures as soon as you get Daisy settled. She is a doll!

JaneB

Thanks, everyone for your good wishes! I hope having a dog will be as great as I remember it being from my childhood. I had toy poodles growing up and loved them dearly. I"ve been waiting for many years for the "right" time to get a dog. My kids are almost 6 and 8, and I think they will be gentle with a dog, and my work is at a point where I can work from home a great deal now. Plus, I'm off this summer, so I can spend full time with her until school starts up again in the Fall.

So, the stars seem to be all aligned to make this the perfect time to get a dog. I cannot wait! And seeing all your beautiful Cavaliers is just making me more impatient !! :jump:

DeAnna

Less than a day now! Are you going to be able to sleep tonight? Let us know how things go. . .

JaneB

July 8th is almost here. One more week of waiting. You must not be able to sleep due to the anticipation. Congratulations on being a new mommy.

Welcome DeAnna and your new little baby Daisy. Your wait is nearly over. Are your children as excited as you are? We love seeing photos of all the new little babies that we are getting on the board at the moment so send us more when you get her. The one in your avatar is very cute.
Julie and the girls

Okay, Deanna, where are the pictures??? Did you get her, how was your first night, do tell, do tell. We are all on the edge of our seats. . .

JaneB

Yes, we got her yesterday! She is really adorable, and so sweet-natured, just as I thought she'd be!

I'll post pictures as soon as I get a chance.

Her trip home and her first night here were surprisingly good. She slept most of the way home and went potty every time we stopped, just as if she knew what she was supposed to do. She crawled into her crate herself about 9 pm last night, and slept till 3:00 am. I'm not sure she would have gotten up then if I hadn't gotten up to use the restroom! I took her out, she drank some water and had a treat, then I took her out again. She is so incredibly good at the housetraining already! She whimpered for a little while when I put her back in her crate, but I just put my fingers through the bars and kind of whispered to her, and within about 5 minutes, she had laid back down and went to sleep!

She is so loving, and she really likes the kids. Every time someone catches her eye, she looks you right in the eye and her tail starts thumping. My 5 year old is mad at her right now, though, because she wants her to come out and play instead of sleep so much! How much do 10 week old puppies normally sleep during day?

She's full of kisses and cuddles for everyone.

Pictures coming soon!

Yay she is home and sounds like all is going well. I bet she is tired with the change in home and the trip. Just needs a little time to get her legs under her again. Puppies do like to sleep though. Looking forward to pictures!

Oh bless her :flwr: . When Maxx was a puppy, he'd sleep most of the day. He'd wake up when the kids got in from school, have a mad five minutes and then snooze again. He'd always want mad playtime from around 9-10pm just as everyone else wanted to go to bed :lol:

Tell your five yr old that it won't be long before the pup wants to play and that everything is new to her. She'll soon be running around stealing the kids' toys and socks and things - I wonder if they'll still love her as much then! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back