• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Yay for Wrigley!!!!

Wrigs Mom

Hi, everyone!

It's been forever since I've posted. You may remember me joining the forum after Bruce's puppies were born. My Wrigley is Star's baby from a previous litter :) I just wanted to share some Wrigley news with you all!

Since I am a teacher and am off for the summer, Wrigley and I took a little trip to a retirement home near our home. We spent an hour there with people in assisted living and met a lot of great dog lovers. Wrigley was so well-behaved (usually he is the alpha-dog, a little hyper and bossy) and brought so many smiles to these people. A lot of the people in the home had to give their dogs to family members because animals are not permitted there. We had a wonderful time and the staff and residents fawned all over little Wrigs (who is now two and a half). Wrigley had such a wonderful day and knew he had done something special when his daddy and I praised him and gave him lots of treats, hugs, and kisses. He, of course, proceeded to nap the rest of the day from sheer exhaustion of being the center of attention (not that he isn't anyway at our home!)

Wrigley and I hope to continue to visit there and just bring a little joy to the residents.

Bruce, please pass on a lot of love to Kris and the doggies in Minnetonka! We talk about you guys often when we dream of another pup. We also have people stop us all the time on walks and say how handsome Wrigley is and one person asked why he wasn't a show dog. We blushed and felt so proud :)

Kristen Squier and MysticKnight Wrigley :)

That's just great! I used to take my Corgi-mix to the rest home in our area when I was in high school (about 8 years ago) and it was always so rewarding to see how she made faces light up! Way to go, Wrigley, for givign back to the community!

Kristen and Wrigs, what a terrific thing to do! Bet you both got as much out of it as the residents. Is Wrigs a certified therapy dog?

That is great taking Wrigs to the nursing home. The residents there so much enjoy those visits. We would love the see some pictures of this beautiful pup!

That is too cool! Cavaliers are great therapy dogs. I know you made a lot of people happy today. I would love to have one of Kris and Bruce's dogs but they live way on the other side of the country from me :( You are very lucky.
J.

Jay said:
That is too cool! Cavaliers are great therapy dogs. I know you made a lot of people happy today. I would love to have one of Kris and Bruce's dogs but they live way on the other side of the country from me :( You are very lucky.
J.

Yeah, but when we're ready we're gonna make a road trip out there together, huh??!! :D

Good for Wrigley. I know how much my two soothe me I can only imagine what they do for someone else. True comfort spaniels!

Hi Kristen!! It's so nice to hear from you. And so glad Wrigley is doing well; Kris and I look forward to hearing about the puppies as much as our own grandchildren, just don't tell my daughter!

How great is that, bringing Wrigley to a retirement home. So glad you are able to do that. Everyone: you, Wrigley, and the residents, love those trips I am sure. Did you go from room to room or did you stay out in the public areas and have the residents come out to you? That's something I have wanted to do for quite some time if things would just calm down a bit at home.

Looks like the pressure is on for pictures :D Can I add just a little bit more pressure??

Hey, everyone!

I tried to post the other day, but I don't know where it went!

To answer some questions, Wrigley is not a certified therapy dog. I would LOVE to do that with him, but he's a little over two years old, still a bit feisty, and we would have to travel into the city to do it. It doesn't quite seem to be in the cards for our family right now :( We went to the retirement home with the event coordinator knowing exactly what he was capable of and she seemed fine with it. It was a truly rewarding experience.

Now, I'd LOVE to brag and show how GORGEOUS my little guy is, but can someone guide me on how to post pictures? Do I need to upload them onto kodak.com or shutterfly? As soon as I get some advice, I'll let you take a look at him!!!!!!!!

Kristen and Prince Wrigley

If you go in to the General Gallery under the Photo Gallery, there is a stickey at the top that has resizing and posting instructions. I don't think kodak or shutterfly work.

Or, just e-mail my the pictures you want to post and I can do it for you. Can't wait to see picturtes of my "grandson" :D

Back