• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

summer activities?

Kingofthehouse86

any1 have any good activities that can be done in the summer for me and King....We're gettin kinda bored just goin to the dog parks...I feel like he wants to do something new and exciting, if i could read his mind that would b awsume :lol: , but i cant any ideas...we r goin for a lil hike monday..but that's just walkin in the woods...mayb something new...wat do u guys do wit ur cavaliers for fun??

Well, there is always the beach, car rides and going to sidewalk cafes.

I really enjoy taking Lacey to Canine Freestyle (Dog dancing) class and practicing the skills.

Bridgette, Lacey & Tilly

those r nice suggestions.....but the only beach is 1 1/2 hr from me, there r no sidewalk cafes here...and carrides r nice,but there is no exercise involded plus gas in expensive now...but thanx anyways

If you are near a dog training center, agility is really a lot of fun for both you and the dog. Great exercise too.

If you cannot attend dog training classes there are videos available. It's fun to teach your dog tricks. I just bought a used dog dancing videos for $15 online. It's more fun to go to class, though.

There are cheap agility kits at the pet stores for those folks that just want to play around the back yard.

Good luck!

Bridgette, Lacey & Tilly

If you can't get to the beach, what about bringing the beach to you - get a paddling pool and throw toys into it - may be something else to do?

i totally 4got bout agility King likes to run to the tunnels, and do the weeve polls....swimming we've gotta practice cuz sept 10th there is a K-9 swimming fest...King and I can't wait 4 it..thnx guys

Cavaliers2kiss said:
There are cheap agility kits at the pet stores for those folks that just want to play around the back yard.

Good luck!

Bridgette, Lacey & Tilly

And if you or someone you know is somewhat handy, there are plans online for making a lot of the equipment that's even cheaper.

I bought a "starter" agility set from www.jbpet.com for my husband for Father's day. I think it was about $40 and John is having more fun than I ever imagined. The girls enjoyment pales compared to his. :lol:

One other thing we have done, as our back yard is rather more landscape than yard, is fill a baby pool up for the girls to play in. It doesn't take up much space and gives them lots of exercise as well as using up much of the puppy energy.

JaneB

thnx guys...a friend of mine invited me to go swimming sat...plus he said King could come for a dip....so hopefully he'll enjoy it, then we r goin hiking mon hopefully the weather will allow it on both days

Back