Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ozzy

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ozzy

We took the whole lot into the vets on Monday - Ozzy stayed there and had his bits done - and we also mentioned that he was scratching in the morning and sometimes through the night - Julian (our vet) has referred us to Clare Rushbridge so we can get him checked out - there is no scratching through the day so we are trying to check on him at night or in the morning.

Post Thanks / Like

SM dogs often scratch more at night or especially in the morning. Rory did this and Dr. Rusbridge mentioned it a talk that is available on DVD. How old is Ozzy?
    Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
    --Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh Claire I'm sorry to hear about Ozzy's scratching. HOpe he's recovering from the little boy op, bless him.

It's good that you're going to see Clare, she's very good - I think you have the little book too which will help you.

Keep us posted and please feel free to contact me if you want to talk.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent that you are seeing Clare, you can't get a more experienced opinion. Good luck, and please keep us posted.
    Jen, Abbey (Tri Cavalier) & Gus (White Min. Schnauzer)

Post Thanks / Like

Ozzy is nearly 8 months, there is no discomfort on his neck when touched, but he does not like it if we are just putting the lead on him, but I think that has more to do with Woody grabbing hold of it and pulling him around - which is why he goes straight to the front door to have it put on last thing....

The appointment is next Tuesday at 10 am so he is coming to work with me and then I can walk him down there.... I am so nervous/scared - thinking are we imagining it or has he got it - I am praying for the first one, Julian checked his ears when he was under and said they are clear so it doesn't look like mites or anything. I have read For the Love of Ollie (with a box of tissues again) just to make sure we keep an eye out for any other trates.... will keep you all updated, thanks for all of you being there for us...

Post Thanks / Like

Claire, thinking of you and Ozzy and hoping for a clear scan report. If you need a chat then just PM me and I'll send you my phone number. You don't have to go through this alone

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm sorry to hear you have these conserns. Clare is really capable and reassuring. She will be able to advise on what she thinks is possble, and what she thinks is best. Remember that SM is very variable in how it affects any individual and can be very mild. If you haven't had a chance to read through the info on www.sm.cavaliertalk.com by sure to before you go; mainly the symtpoms sheet, the information sheet from Clare, and the 'Is this SM' section -- then you'll feel more prepared for when you arrive, and will probably be able to take in more and ask more specific questions. Let us know how the appointment goes and best of luck.

Karlin
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Right - report so far.

Got there about 30 minutes early... went straight in and explained his stratching, etc. he was only scratching his ears this morning so fingers crossed.

Clare (have to remember to spell it right), did some checking on his skull, his back and legs, and explained a little further about the condition. I have left him there for a blood test, and a full MRI scan and have to go back around 3pm, think I scared her a little bit as started crying when I was saying good bye to him (what a wimp). I just hope it is nothing....

Post Thanks / Like

Best of luck Ozzy. Don't worry, I cried all day after leaving Daisy Boo in hospital. I had to go to work and I work with only men and they didn't know what to do with me.

Hopefully everything will be ok

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Don't worry; it is emotional to leave them. I was really choked up when I left mine it to be scanned too. He'll be happy to see you when you return. Say hello to Clare -- and let us know how you get on.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com