Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charleen's Cavaliers: Pippin, Merry & Luke

Post Thanks / Like

Default Charleen's Cavaliers: Pippin, Merry & Luke

Here are my 3 cavaliers. The ruby is Pippin, black & tan is Merry and the blenheim is Luke

Pippin & Merry wishing I wouldn't keep taking their picture, but I can't help it, they are so cute!

Luke

Pippin & Merry

Post Thanks / Like

Awwwwhh! What sweet sweet faces. How old are they? Great names.
    Mary-owned by Maya, Scout, Jazz and Sassy
    Annie at the bridge 3/13
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance......

Post Thanks / Like

Love the names! But, hey, where's your tri??!!! You know you gotta get one to complete the set
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Default A Tri-color is next

My thoughts exactly. Luke (the blenheim) is a daddy and I have put a deposit on one of his tri-color sons. I should have the puppy by the middle of August. I tell myself, I will stop getting cavaliers once I have one of each color, but now that I read about all of you cavalier lovers, I may be fooling myself. Anyway, life is good!

Post Thanks / Like

LOL. I hope you get your 4th! How old are your dogs?
    Molly and Murphy (tri), Katie (ruby), Casey (B/T),Spike the wonder pup (tri), Suzie (tri) and Penny (blen)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Names & Ages

Molly - your 4 cav's look great. I can't wait to have one of each color. To answer your question, my 3 are:

Ruby - Pippin - Named after the hobbit in Lord of the Rings - He'll be 3 yrs old on August 31.
    Black & Tan - Merry - Named after the hobbit in Lord of the Rings - She was 2 yrs old on June 25.
    Blenheim - Lucky Luke - Named after a Belgian cartoon series American cowboy - He'll be 4 yrs old on September 25.

And Luke was a daddy on June 15 and I will get one of his Tri-color sons on August 15. I have decided to name him Jolly Jumper, again a character in the "Lucky Luke" cartoon series.

Post Thanks / Like

Whoopee a full set.... they all are great looking dogs.

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't your puppy coming to you for free? I think I'd have asked for one in lieu of a stud fee - a puppy is far more useful

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Charleen mentioned elsewhere that she got Luke after he had retired from his siring job. So the litter was his final legacy.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Luke's legacy

Karlin, The answer is Yes. That is why I couldn't pass on one of Luke's last litter. The breeder thought that Luke had low sperm count and she wanted to find a home for him with other cavaliers. That is where I came in. Luke was neutered and then I brought him home after he healed from the operation. It was so much easier integrating an adult dog into the household. I just had to teach him how to use the dog doors. I really felt there should've been more time between dog #3 and #4, but the idea of the tri-color being one of his last hoorahs was important to me. So a male tri-color puppy will be coming home around the middle of August.

Karlin - I just love the pictures of your cats with your dogs. I have 2 cats at home, but my cats do not sleep with my dogs. My cats act like they do not like the dogs, but if either cat walks into a room and the dogs don't notice them, the cat will meow to announce that they are there. Then the cat will proceed to act shocked that the dogs come over, sniff the cat or even chase the cat to the next room.

My feeling is, if the cat truly didn't like the dogs, the cat would quietly sneak past the unaware dogs. So I think this proves the both cats really do like the dogs and just put on a show of being put out by the dogs.