• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Charleen's Cavaliers: Pippin, Merry & Luke

Charleen

177780817_a5f929c086_m.jpg
Here are my 3 cavaliers. The ruby is Pippin, black & tan is Merry and the blenheim is Luke

177777859_134629cabd_m.jpg

Pippin & Merry wishing I wouldn't keep taking their picture, but I can't help it, they are so cute!

177772571_2625ece7c5_m.jpg

Luke

177777858_03da6834d0_m.jpg

Pippin & Merry

Love the names! But, hey, where's your tri??!!! You know you gotta get one to complete the set :lol:

A Tri-color is next

My thoughts exactly. Luke (the blenheim) is a daddy and I have put a deposit on one of his tri-color sons. I should have the puppy by the middle of August. I tell myself, I will stop getting cavaliers once I have one of each color, but now that I read about all of you cavalier lovers, I may be fooling myself. Anyway, life is good!

Names & Ages

Molly - your 4 cav's look great. I can't wait to have one of each color. To answer your question, my 3 are:

Ruby - Pippin - Named after the hobbit in Lord of the Rings - He'll be 3 yrs old on August 31.
Black & Tan - Merry - Named after the hobbit in Lord of the Rings - She was 2 yrs old on June 25.
Blenheim - Lucky Luke - Named after a Belgian cartoon series American cowboy - He'll be 4 yrs old on September 25.

And Luke was a daddy on June 15 and I will get one of his Tri-color sons on August 15. I have decided to name him Jolly Jumper, again a character in the "Lucky Luke" cartoon series.

Isn't your puppy coming to you for free? I think I'd have asked for one in lieu of a stud fee - a puppy is far more useful ;) :lol:

Charleen mentioned elsewhere that she got Luke after he had retired from his siring job. :lol: So the litter was his final legacy. ;)

Luke's legacy

Karlin, The answer is Yes. That is why I couldn't pass on one of Luke's last litter. The breeder thought that Luke had low sperm count and she wanted to find a home for him with other cavaliers. That is where I came in. Luke was neutered and then I brought him home after he healed from the operation. It was so much easier integrating an adult dog into the household. I just had to teach him how to use the dog doors. I really felt there should've been more time between dog #3 and #4, but the idea of the tri-color being one of his last hoorahs was important to me. So a male tri-color puppy will be coming home around the middle of August.

Karlin - I just love the pictures of your cats with your dogs. I have 2 cats at home, but my cats do not sleep with my dogs. My cats act like they do not like the dogs, but if either cat walks into a room and the dogs don't notice them, the cat will meow to announce that they are there. Then the cat will proceed to act shocked that the dogs come over, sniff the cat or even chase the cat to the next room.

My feeling is, if the cat truly didn't like the dogs, the cat would quietly sneak past the unaware dogs. So I think this proves the both cats really do like the dogs and just put on a show of being put out by the dogs.

LMAO Typical cat :lol: I don't know why they act so regal when they love to kill rodents and eat them :yuk: I used to have two beautiful cats - 3/4 Persian with Persian temperament to match :lol: Extremely snobby about food and beds etc but very, very loving (the Cavaliers of the cat world), but they'd both go out to the fields at the side of our house and catch voles and rats and things and bring them home to eat :eek: :yuk: .

Thanks for puttimg me straight, Karlin I hadn't seen the previous post :roll:

Charleen, I do envy you you know. I wish I was lucky enough to have 4 Cavaliers - hubby says that two is more than enough and that Charlie is the work of ten dogs anyway - we certainly know we've got him :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Donna - tell me more about Charlie. What makes him the work of ten dogs? There must be some good stories here! :lol: Also want to hear a story about Maxx. We can't leave him out.

Also, from the picture you have posted of Maxx & Charlie - which one is the blenheim & which is the tri?

Charleen I love your avatar of the kids leaning over the fence! :D
It will be interesting to see how your gang take to the little fella. Happy waiting.
Julie and the girls

Back