• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Poem By My Daughter

misty

My 10 year old daughter, Jennifer wrote this poem yesterday:

MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN

Rainbows, fields all around
Musical, loud, any sort of sound
A bark over here, a woof over there
Black, brown or white, any sort of hair
Poppies, daisies, loads of flowers
Too many superpowers
Kicking a ball, a game of footie
On four legs
No fancy dress
Love and happiness
Have you guessed?
It is no quest
Kicking a ball in a lovely place
Walking around and in no haste

Remember on four legs
No fancy dress
Please now guess
It is no quest
No more clues
I have some news
They are dogs
In heaven above
Kicking a ball
Never to fall
Waiting for owners
While playing a match made in Heaven.

Jennifer wrote this in memory of our dearly loved Declan, who went to the Bridge on 20th May and for Darcy from Canada.

I cried when I read it.

Jennifer,

You are such a beautiful young lady, what a heart of gold you have to write such a verse.

Someone has a very proud mum indeed. :flwr:

Alison,Wwilts, U.K.

Please tell Jennifer that is a beautiful poem, she's obviously a very talented and thoughtful young lady.

I must admit I cried when she presented the poem to me this afternoon.

The loss of Declan is still so raw, after nearly 6 weeks, and the poem is a great comfort.

At least he's playing football while he waits! :)

What a wonderful poem! Jennifer must be a real joy. Thank you and Jennifer for sharing it. I am sure it brought you loads of comfort. It brought tears to my eyes too. It is always so hard to lose one of our pups. They are part of our family although not everyone understands that. But the folks on the board do. I would like to think of my pups who have crossed the bridge in a place just like Jennifer describes!
J.

Oh how beautiful :) I think it's wonderful when youngsters can express themselves so well in poetry.

Jennifer obviously adored Declan and I'll bet he's looking down on her with a waggy tail and licky kisses.

Take care Misty and big hugs to you all. It's bound to still feel raw after your darling boy - six weeks is nothing really :( .

I don't understand anyone who doesn't grieve for their furbabies when they go to the Bridge, I think it hurts more than a human loss. xxxxx

What a lovely peom, by a special little girl to a very special dog.... got to grab my tissue now... :(

Tears, sniffing and blowing. What a lovely tribute to DeClan. Jennifer expresses herself so well and with such heart. Thank you for sharing such a personal and beautiful love story.

JaneB

Thank you for sharing your daughter's wonderful poem. It is amazing how much insight young children can have even about such things as death. She just put everything so beautifully.
Julie and the girls

such an inspired work of love--comforting and joyful, reassuring and deeply understandng. just the right words at the right time.

Back