Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi from GA!

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi from GA!

Hi there... I am new to this site and am so glad to find it and all the great info here. I have a 7 month Cav named Freddy. He is the most adorable friend anyone can have!! I am just a bit worried about him because I have done alot of reading about pet store puppies and that is where I got Freddy. He was so cute and I could not look away! I had to have him! Now I am fearful he will get sick and I will be heart broken. I am always on guard fro starange behavior or any signs of the conditions I have read about. I will keep on readnig and watching him but it sure is not fun worrying all the time. Happy 4th everyone!!

Michelle and Freddy
    michelle
    Freddy- Tri Cav

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Michelle. Welcome. I say stop worrying and enjoy that little Freddie. The more knowledge you gain from boards such as this will allow you to know better if and when you purchase another cavalier but sometimes even though you have done your research and purchased from the best breeder you can find you can still end up with a dog with a health issue. The difference being though the breeder will be there to help you through it. Freddy may or may not develop problems..you can't change that but it sounds like you do know now that a pet shop is not the best place to purchase a pup. Seems Freddie was meant to be in your life no matter what Love and enjoy that Freddie and please post some pictures so we can see the little guy.
    Mary-owned by Maya, Scout, Jazz and Sassy
    Annie at the bridge 3/13
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance......

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

and I agree with what Mary says. There are many reasons not to buy from pet stores or indifferent, backyard breeders. Every dog deserves to be loved and if one of these has found its way to you, then that is what you should do! You will know more about the real situation behind pet store puppies for the future and will be able to warn others, too.

Bad health can affect any dog so we all cross our fngers that ours will remain well and enjoy them each day, while doing our best to make sure they stay in good health.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default trying to post pics

Hey all,

Thanks for your encouragement... I am trying to post pics and put them on this site but this is the URL to Flikr

He is sooo cute... Hope you all have a great Holiday!

Michelle[/img]http://www.flickr.com/photos/87944513@N00/179731194/[img]
    michelle
    Freddy- Tri Cav

Post Thanks / Like

OMG Michelle. He is the cutest baby. No wonder you fell in love with him.
    Mary-owned by Maya, Scout, Jazz and Sassy
    Annie at the bridge 3/13
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance......

Post Thanks / Like

My pup, JJ came from a pet store also. He was sick when we brought him home, but , with proper vet care and A LOT of love he is now fine. I don't know how long you have had him, but, according to our vet, most "pet store illnesses" will appear quickly and chances are you are in the clear. If not, just make sure Freddy gets good vet care and I know TLC will not be a problem. You will be fine!!
    Liesl

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Michele and Freddy - it seems that you have been bitten by the cav bug...... have a happy time.

Post Thanks / Like

THANKS EVERYONE!! Yes I have been bitten big time...

When I first got Freddy, he had a little upper respitory infection which cleared right up. I just hope he does not develope the more serious conditions like SM and Mitral Valve issues. I know that I cannot change anything that may or may not happen but I still worry. I will continue to love and enjoy him every day!.

Thanks again

Michelle and Freddy
    michelle
    Freddy- Tri Cav

Post Thanks / Like

michelle
    Freddy- Tri Cav

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Glad you figured out the pic-posting so we can see your fellow! Now I just need to refer you here:

http://www.cavaliertalk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1706

It gives an explanation on the maximum size for avatars. You'll want to reduce your avatar pic a bit -- you can see how a larger pic stretches out the whole thread to accommodate it, so there's a max size set for the board which is about half the size of the pic you have posted at the moment (my pic right below your post is at the maximum size so you can see what you are aiming for). If you have any problems resizing, let me know.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com