Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi from GA!

Post Thanks / Like

Don't beat yourself up about your pup coming from a petstore. Most of the people in this country believe you are suppose to buy dogs from a petstore. Your pup is one of the lucky ones. He got a home where his conditions at the store were taken care of. Some pups don't survive to be adopted and loved. It is the parents of these pups that I really feel sorry for. Most pet stores tell people that the dogs weren't purchased from a mill-- of course not-- they were purchased through a broker (who buys them from mills) Here are some pictures of how the parents are kept-http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.puppymillprotest.org/images/puppymills/animalsrighttolife-004.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.puppymillprotest.org/photos.htm&h=247&w=330&sz=17&hl=en&start=10&tbnid= t3LjJvzoGqmxFM:&tbnh=85&tbnw=114&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dpuppy%2Bmill%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%2 6lr%3D%26rls%3DGGLD,GGLD:2004-25,GGLD:en%26sa%3DX

I don't know if that link will work. If you google puppymill and go to images - you will see what I mean. Give your pup a hug from me- Sandy

Post Thanks / Like

I agree withn what the others have said. Just enjoy your gorgeous baby At least with coming on here you are forewarned of illnesses etc that can affect Cavaliers. I'm sure your little angel couldn't have wished for a better Mummy - sadly, not all are so lucky

Post Thanks / Like

That is the most heartbreaking web site I have ever seen!! What is wrong with people?? Were they born without a heart? Thanks everyone for your kind words.... I will keep my eye on Freddy and hope it all works out well. Please tell me what I can do ojn a personal level to help stop the kind of things I see on that website. I guess I alreay contributed to it by buying from a pet store but I would not trade fred for anything! But he will be the last from the store. Anyway have a good night!
    michelle
    Freddy- Tri Cav

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Michelle - you know what? What's done is done! Absolutely enjoy your precious boy to the fullest. The best thing you can do is share your knowledge of why not to buy from a backyard breeder or pet shop. I spread the word whenever possible...and feel I have really made an impact on lots of people. People don't know until you tell them.

Freddy is adorable. Love that little boy up!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question on Pedigree

I have a question about Freddy's Pedigree. I stated that Fred was bought at a pet store and I know he was brokered by the biggeset broker inthe USA, The HUNTE CORP. I received a pedigree with Freddy when I boughthim. After looking on the internet, I found that his origin is in HUNGRY and his breeder is from Budapest Hungry. I also found a woman in Texas who has a little Cav girl named Brandy with a Freddy's Grandparent in her Pedigree and a little boy Cav named Rohan with one of Fred's Grandparents in his Pedigree. Does anyone think this predigree is made up or should I believe it to be true? I was thinking of contacting them in texas. They are called Kingdom Cavaliers. I still have hope that my Fred does not come from a puppy mill. I will take any info anyone has.

Michelle and Fred
    michelle
    Freddy- Tri Cav

Post Thanks / Like

Well, www.kingdomcavaliers.com are on the net and Rohan's pedigree is up there on the site. So is Brandy's. Why not contact them and send them the lineage from Fred's pedigree? I think the only true way of knowing if you do have the correct pedigree for your dog when you buy from a store, a broker or a mill is by DNA testing though.

I haven't a clue about Charlie's lineage as he was a rescue but I have met Maxx's parents on several occasions and it's really weird but just like human children he has characteristics of both of them. He also has an almost identical face to his Dad and a black spot on his tummy in the same shape and place as his Mum LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. I was planning on giving them a call and seeing where it is they have gotten Brandy and Rohan from. I do not know if Freddy's pedigree is made up or accurate but I will call and see if they know anything about it. I was just curious as to if it is common to falsify these papers or not. Thanks!
    michelle
    Freddy- Tri Cav

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Michelle and little Freddy. Enjoy your beautiful little man.
    Julie and the girls