• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello from Toronto!

arasara

Hello guys! I have just recently came across this site and absolutely fell in love with it. It's wonderful to have so much information and all about cavaliers! I was worried since I don't have anybody to call when something weird happens with my little guy, but I think you guys have pretty much all the basis covered.

Ok so about me - my name is Sara and I am currently waiting on immigration rights to Canada. I am from the US and I'm planning on starting college next year for nursing. That's about all that's interesting about me. ;) hehe

Now onto my Kosmo.. Kosmo is my baby Cavalier that I am absolutely in love with. He's 5 1/2 months old and is 8.4lbs of pure love, enjoyment, and sappyness. He's currently in training to be a therapy dog. I find it hard to even take him on walks outside because we get stopped all the time. He's my first Cavalier and I think it will be hard to ever have another kind of dog. He's extremely smart and has been a piece of cake to train. Right now he's going through his terrible 2s so I'm trying to learn how to put my foot down and follow through with everything, but he's usually pretty good. I just think he has anger issues with shoes because that's the last thing he sees before we leave. :lol: If he's ever disappeared, it's almost a 100% bet that he's somewhere chewing on someone's shoe. He hasn't managed to ruin any though (yet, lol)

Here are some pictures of him:

b43051384.jpg

This is him right after we got him. I loved how he looked because to me he looked like he'd been thrown in the wash a million times and was all faded, lol.

b43051363.jpg

This is one of my favorite pictures too because he looks like a stuffed animal to me here, lol. Oh yeah and you guys see this toy, never ever let your puppies play with it unsupervised! I took that toy away from Kosmo shortly after this picture because he ended up pulling off a string and choking on it.

b43051334.jpg

This is a more recent picture of him. About a week ago my boyfriend decided it was too hot outside and clipped him. :shock: All of the curles on his ears, Gone! :shock: Thank God it's going to grow back! I told him he could make his body as short as he wanted just so long as he didn't touch his ears, and he did! :sl*p: He's still a cutie though. :) Anyways so that's my little Kosmo!

Oh he's a cute wee fellow...

He's my first Cavalier and I think it will be hard to ever have another kind of dog

You've got the bug for sure then...I think you wil have many saying "ditto" to that one!!

Sara,

Kosmo's eyes make you fall in love with him. He looks so innocent. I am sure he has never done anything :D wrong. :lol:

Sara

He is a doll, sorry I must of missed your post.
I was so overwhelmed with Mr. Milky Chin I have not been keeping up with my posts.

What a star Kosmo is, he is so white.
Where did you get him ??????????????????????

hi Linda, how are you? :) Ok- where I got Kosmo - sit down, it's a long one! I actually ended up getting Kosmo from a pet store in Markham (I know I'm a bad bad person for it! :( ) To tell you the honest to God truth, I had no idea what Cavaliers were, I was just looking for a dog that would become so attached to my boyfriend that he would learn how it was to love animals unconditionally. I say this because he made fun of me when my french mastiff died and I mourned for days. (My poor Xena ;() so anyways I went to dinner with a friend and saw "Kosmo" in the store and went and read up about Cavaliers. Kosmo was not only super cute, but he bit shoes for a while and then fell fast asleep in my arms. It was so nice to have that feeling again. I decided that was exactly what I wanted and so I contacted a few breeders around the area. I did check a few out but I really liked Kosmo because of his washed-out white look and his personality from the first day I seen him. I wanted to rescue a Cavalier at that time as well and one breeder I spoke to said she actually had some kind of group going that bought them from pet stores and gave them off to rescue groups. I ended up by fluke returning to the pet store he was in and I found him in the back in a little cage with nothing but a shred of newspaper. It broke my heart and I decided to take the risks and get him. He didn't come with papers but he does have a lozenge on the back of his head which I think is probably not too typical of pet-store animals. I've been lucky so far though. The only thing he came home with was an umbilical hernia which they wanted to take him back and "keep" him to treat. I said no way and took care of it on my own. I did learn my lesson though - I can't even look in when I go by pet stores anymore! I also have him on VetInsurance just in case anything pops up unexpectedly. I do love him to pieces though. :)

Welcome Sara and Kosmo. Just enjoy your little man. Please don't call yourself a bad person perhaps a little ill informed at the time. Look after your darling and spread the word so that others will know the truth.
Julie and the girls

Back