Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Food and Dodgy Tum

Post Thanks / Like

We don't appear to have the same range of quality foods here either and I have one with a sensitivity to chicken which is the base of most foods. I have been using Advance Turkey and Rice for sensitive digestion but am in the process of trying Eukanuba Lamb and Rice which has been designed for those with dietary sensitivities so we will see how they go!
    Julie and the girls

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I'm going to change him to James Welbelloved to see if that makes any difference.

Good job I own a pet shop... lol
    www.pet-bliss.com for pet products
    www.poshpaws.ie Designer Pet Products
    www.gift-ireland.com voluntary group raising money for rescues

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Royal Canin does a natural blend that I think may well be the US version of james Wellbeloved, which is actually owned by Royal Canin, which is in turn owned by one of the big conglomerates now. The natural Royal Canin was on the Whole Dog Journal list of good foods (it doesn;t seem to be now, but this only lists their top 10, which changes around as new ones come out). But there are many good foods in the US.

I highly, highly recommend getting the WDJ -- google it and it will come up -- I get the digital version as I don;t live in the US and really like it and it is generally highly thought of amongst breeders and trainers too.

Laura has their top 10 dry food recommendations at the bottom of this page:

http://www.roycroftcavaliers.com/manualfeeding.htm
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i feed my Merlin on Bakers Complete (the big boy size) about 150 grams and then just sprinkle a few bits of cooked chicken mince on the top to tempt him - he only gets dodgy belly when he is wormed. If find the bigger pieces clean his teeth plus he ikes to show you what a big boy he is!