• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Optrex eye bath?????????

Jen114

Is this bad to use for your cav??? Kayla seems to have yucky stuff in side her eye... if i use the optrex is this bad?

I'd call your vet for advice before using anything in the eye. (y) They should be able to just tell you yes or no. Also they all get that gunk in their eyes. It usually just goes out to the corner then you can wipe away with a gentle movement away from the eye (and never touching the eye) using a cotton pad dampened with water or a little contact lens saline solution. If she has a lot of gunk, all the time, then she should see the vet as there could be other problems.

I agree with Karlin but Optrex is perfectly safe to use for just removing the general sleepies taht they get first thing in the morning. It also helps to remove tear staining too.

My previous Vet told me to buy this instead of the tear stain remover and I also had to bathe Maxx's eye with it 3 x daily before giving him his drops. This was when he almost lost an eye to a vicious cat in our garden :(

Back