• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

PLEASE READ: a very strange case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.cavaliertalk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=414

Scroll to the last item.

The opening paragraphs of the stories there on Ms Simmons should be enough to give a general sense of the facts as reported from police and court records at that time, which are a matter of public record.

Irish and US attorneys have confirmed to me that such an explanation of previous proceedings and charges and facts that are a matter of public record is absolutely legal under Irish and US law.

They have also noted that any continuing harrassment thorough email, mail or any other form of communication could itself constitute a prosecutable crime and I have my attorneys here and in the US, considering a response.

Moral of this story: it is always useful to know the names of people who might be selling cavaliers.

8)

I have been in contact with the news director who was purportedly sending me memos, via Ms Simmons, threatening to sue me for keeping any information on this site relating to the 64 cavaliers Ms Simmons had in her three bedroom house last year.

Needless to say it seemed very odd to me that news directors would send memos to fellow journalists (or anybody for that matter) through an individual whose arrest they had reported on.

The news director has confirmed he never sent anything of the sort to me or to this woman to send on to me.

He assures me he will take care of the matter and as I sent him the document that was sent to me, and have also sent him on the emails from this woman, he is in possession of full evidence. I have also sent this material on to a libel attorney in Idaho, and to my Irish attorney.

I note very generally that threatening letters that use someone else's letterhead and signature and were not written by the purported writer could be criminal forgeries.

Curiouser and curiouser.

Interestingly, once I posted the information publicly that the news director denied ever writing any letters -- and sent him the evidence that I had been threatened with letters purportedly sent by him -- and passed along all this information to an attorney practicing libel in Idaho, as well as to an attorney here -- all the emails from Ms Simmons stopped.

However, I have heard from other people she is still sending them to, and have passed along the full information I have so that they can be aware of the interesting origins of some of the information they might receive. Others, knowing of Ms Simmons, have sent me some additional background. If anyone is thinking of buying a cavalier from the state of Idaho, be sure to send me a PM and we can have a private chat. (y)

More emails. :roll: I contacted the news director again just to keep him updated on 'his' letters, which Ms Simmons mentioned again and insists this man wrote and addressed directly to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back