• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

The tooth fairy cometh...

Nicki

Poor Rupert split a molar some months ago...the vet had quite a battle to remove it, and this loosened a smaller tooth next to it. The vet didn't want to put The Poopster through another GA {he's 10}, and thought this tooth would just fall out.

It's been loose for a while, but is obviously bothering him a bit.

I took him in to see the vet today, as he also has a mild conjunctivitis {I think he's a bit run down from the tooth}. Patrick looked at it, and decided that they should be able to just pull it out. He warned me that Rupert would probably shout, but it would all be over very quickly.

I went into the waiting room - with my fingers hovering over my ears just in case - but the brave wee fellow hardly murmured, what a star :D

the vet brought him back out, and handed me the tooth, so that I could put it under Rupert's pillow for the Tooth Fairy :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aren't we lucky to have such a wonderful vet???

Rupert is fine tonight, demolished his dinner with his usual gusto! He has some drops for his eyes, so that should soon clear it up.

Awwww my poor baby :? What a brave wee man though. I think he deserves some extra din dins tonight Mummy :lol:

Big hugs to him from me xxxxx

Rupert you are very brave. I hope the tooth fairy rewards you well. Yes it is wonderful to have such a wonderful vet Nicki. They are taking care of such precious babes for us!

Oh Dear Sweet Rupert

You are one brave boy, what a star you are that you didn't worry your mommy. She loves you so so much sweetie, now that tooth fairy should be bringing you one mighty fine treat or dinner tommorow.

You were also very brave Nicki. :D :D :D :D :D

:shock: I don't think I could ever be a vet!!

Good for Rupert and he sure deserves a few special treats for bravery... :)

Thanks everyone...Rupert had a lovely message from the Tooth Fairy this morning courtesy of Alison :D and sends woofs and licks to Maxxy for his message!!!

Hubby thinks we're all crackers :lol: :lol:

Roop had sardines for breakfast and chicken for tea, and a lovely walk in the woods, so has been throughly spoilt :D but deservedly so!!

I'm SO glad he didn't complain, I go to pieces when he cries :(

Maxxy sends woofs and licks back to Roops and wants to know how he's feeling?

Auntie Alison said she was going to send him a letter that the Tooth Fairy was going to dictate to her last night, so glad he got it :lol:

So glad he's OK Nicki, you're not the only one who gets into a state when her baby is ill - you should have seen me last week when the lovely Locum was treating Maxxy! My baby cries and so do I :roll:

He just handed me a tissue and said he wished all doggy parents cared as much :D

They must get used to it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maxxs_Mummy said:
He just handed me a tissue and said he wished all doggy parents cared as much :D

They must get used to it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh isn't that lovely - what a super vet.

My vets are very understanding, Rupert sits and "sings" in the waiting room, trying to get people to come and amke a fuss of him :lol: In Norfolk he used to sit on the reception desk whilst all the nurses made a fuss - not really spoilt! He was in his element yesterday as a family with two little girls came in and were chatting away and talking to him, and several other people made a fuss of him too - anyone would think he never gets any attention at home!

he's feeling much better today thank you Maxxy...even if rotten Mummy wouldn't take him to the beach so he could eat even more crabs! Had to make do with having a good roll in the woods and coming home covered in goodness knows what! :yuk:

We hope that Maxxy is fully recovered too...we've been there, done that one so know how painful it is :(

Yep, I could've fallen in love with him there and then Nicki :l*v: He was also a rather dashing looking young man LOL

LMAO @ Rupert, clever boy :lol: . Maxx just makes to go and see every other animal that comes through the doors as he thinks that everyone has to be his friend :roll:

The nurses in our practice always come to say hello to him too and so do some of the Vets - one poor guy always says 'Hello Maxxy, it's OK I'm not going to touch you' as Maxx disappears under the chair in front of him - so embarrassing!!!! He has this fear of the poor guy after having his glands emptied by him when he was a pup and it hurt :(

It's funny how kids are immediately drawn to these darlings isn't it? It must be their pretty faces and long ears :lol: Unless of course the kids can tell how naughty they really are....

I've always had a thing about 'ugly' dogs like Boxers, Rotties & Staffies too. It's something about their faces that makes me go all mushy hahaha.

Rupert, fancy Mummy not taking you to the beach - isn't she a meanie boots? You just wait until Auntie Donna and Auntie Alison come to stay and we'll go to the beach and let you eat crabs ;) :lol: Doesn't Mummy understand that some things are just so worth getting a tummy ache for???? Glad you punished her by rolling in something odorous though :badgrin: Clever boy ;) :badgrin: :lol:

Maxxy says he's fully recovered thank you very much but if he thinks he's not getting enough attention he gets into his basket and moans :roll: .....xxxxxx

Back