• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Kosmo is in his terrible 2s!!

arasara

Kosmo is being such a handful these days! I think I need another robot dog that I can turn on and off when he starts acting up. Every time we go outside, he's eating anything he can get his little mouth on. He's like a wanna be drug addict! lol I have no idea where he finds the time to grab a weed and keep walking, but alas, he never fails to do it! Take today for example, we went on an "after work walk," and he started weeing, took a step in mid wee, and started munching on a weed!! :yikes Then I went to start watering the grass, and he tried munching on a mushroom! :sl*p: lol. I took him to check our mail and I ended up having to tell him to sit and stay TWELVE times before I actually got it on command.. (with distractions!) I usually don't even have to tell him to sit and stay when I open the mailbox. lol he's needing so much attention these days. Oh and that doesn't count the other night - get this guys! I am sleeping (Kosmo sleeps with us) and all of a sudden I feel this pushing on my head in the middle of the night. So I wake up and look over to see Kosmo's hind legs pushing me off of my OWN pillow so he could have it to himself! I said umm I don't think so and put him back down at my waist and when I woke up, he was cupped around my head like a hat, lol. Oh well at least he is a nice head warmer. I was cleaning up the living room of his toys earlier and I rounded the corner with the camera, and I caught him like this: :yikes

b43123817.jpg

Anybody want to loan me a cavalier for the next month or so to tire him out so I can live through this stage? lol

I think we're going to go on another walk. Maybe this is God's way of helping me lose weight, lol. :lol:

That picture is too cute. Thankfully Jake is past his terrible twos. He would sit on the hillside and just look at me when I told him to come. Shelby, my sweet sweet angel (well...maybe that's an exaggeration!) never really went through that stage. Jake more than made up for her though!

I love taking over your pillow with his feet...what a stinker!

Kosmo,

It's OK we don't believe a word your Mamma says about you. You look so sweet and innocent in that picture, waiting patiently for a walk or a play :lol: And fancy her not wanting to share her pillow with you - disgraceful! Doesn't she know that a Cavalier's place is wherever he or she wants it to be?

Tut these humans.....

Best Regards and keep up the good work

Maxx and Charlie xxxxxx

PS Mummy says you have to TRY and be a good boy or you'll end up in the 'doghouse' - we qwuite like it here in this doghouse so if you're lucky you'll come to us :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's why Busta has a folded up pillow beside my pillow.... you gotta learn the tricks of the trade....... icon_whistling

sounds familier.... Kayla sleeps in her basket next to our bed it is very very hot and she has her own fan and everythign thing so she is quite happy there.... But every now and again she comes for a cuddle in the middle of the night then goes back to her basket says my husband as i am a very deep sleeper.....

but...

The other morning i woke up with my head OFFFFFF my pillow and Kayla completly curled up on it HA HA HA i thought that was so funny

arasara said:
Anybody want to loan me a cavalier for the next month or so to tire him out so I can live through this stage? lol

:

Sure. I have JUST the dog for you ;) Deuce would come under the heading of "Be careful what you wish for!". I am quite sure those two would get together and take over and have control of your house in under a week.

Let me know what your address is and he'll be on the way :lol:

Ooh no Deuce needs to come to my house first... I fell in love with taht little guy when I saw his first baby photo's :lol:

I'm not promising I'd return him mind you :badgrin:

Sorry I just have to agree with Donna on this one.

Kosmo you are a good boy, keep up the good work.
Tell your mom I am a toddler mom and that's why my friends all do.

A cavalier should always be more comfortable than us. icon_whistling icon_whistling icon_whistling icon_whistling icon_whistling icon_whistling

I took Kosmo on a walk last night for 1 1/2 hours to tire him out, LOL. By the end of the walk he was hopping up on my legs trying to get me to carry him but I of course said no way! SO by the time we get home, he is almost passing out as we walk so I got to go inside and sit him down. He slept for 1/2 hour and when he woke up, it was like he hadn't walked at all! :yikes Back at full force 1/2 hour later!! :yikes :yikes :yikes

Maxxs_Mummy,
I am sure Kosmo would love your compelling letter. Lol. He probably feels exactly like that. We have made a compromise since the post. I move over for him now and share half of the pillow, lol. It's nice to have a furball next to you at night and know that love is just a nudge away. (I know I'm a hopeless SAP!)

Claire,
Do you ever find Busta on your pillow in the middle of the night? Lol.. and how big is this pillow you fold up for him? hehe

Jen114,
Kayla and Kosmo would be good buddies, lol. It's nice to know that he's not the only pillow stealer out there! lol. It cracks me up that he actually did that, but what's funnier is that it seems to be a common thing!!

Bruce H,
LOL yes give me deuce for a while! I need another one with just as much fire to tucker Kosmo out! Lol boy oh boy was I wrong when I thought I was getting a lap dog! This is more of a lab energy with only the occasional bit of lap dog - when the lab is tired!

Take care!

Very cute pic on your shoe! :lol:

Just a quick check -- he looks quite young -- if so, breeders and trainers typically will say you'd definitely not want to walk him for longer than maybe 20-30 min if he's under 6 months old, and not for anything like 90 minutes til he's comfortably over a year and bone growth has ended. If he is tired especially if he sits and doesn;t want to walk any longer, then absolutely do not keep walking him -- this is an indication of pain or exhaustion in a puppy, and at that point, he does need to be carried. Puppies know themselves when they have had enough, just like small children.

The reason for caution is that he still has growing joints and bones, which shouldn;t have a lot of stress put on them at this age (especially in a breed that can get patella and hip dysplasia problems -- early joint stress is known to contribute to later development of hip dysplasia, which is why giant breeds in particular are walked minimally til they are over one). It's just like with kids -- exercise from play is good but generally it isn;t considered good for young kids to do things like jog, as their joints are still forming. :)

To wear him out, just play with him in the house or a grassy area. Keeping his mind occupied by some fun basic training, using a kong or treat ball while he's supervised of course, or challenging toys, will tire him out much more efefctively then trying to wear him out.

I'd just like to point out that it was indeed my very clever dog Maxxy who wrote the reply to Kosmo......

Kosmo, move over (just a tiny bit) and let Mamma share your pillow! :badgrin:

Maxxy says it's OK you're fine. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't me who got the blame for encouraging anyone else's babies to be naughty :lol:

as naughty as Kos can be, I wouldn't change him for anything in the world. (now that's dedication, huh?) hehe :lol: karlin,

It's a good thing you made this site or I would know nothing! I just thought it would be great fun to give him a walk. He gets super excited whenever I say the word. We take 1/2 hr walks 4-6 times a day usually but last night he just wouldn't stop climbing the walls so we went out for 1/2 hour earlier and then 1 hour when he was hopping on my leg. That was near the beginning of the walk though so I think he just wanted to be a pain (yeah, right, right? icon_whistling ) hehe. So is there a limit on how many times you can walk a day? I am just worried about his weight getting larger and it putting more of a load on his heart. He is quite small right now - 5 1/2 months and 8.4lbs, but I just want to make sure he stays thin. He does have some meat on his bones, but it's definately not overweight at all. I do try to keep him as active as possible to avoid possible heart problems later on. I know it's very hereditary, but I at least will feel good about trying in the end regardless of what happens. I try to play in the grass with him but he eats the mushrooms lol. He does like playing fetch though and is 100% about bringing it back to me so maybe I'll take him out to the field to play ball for a bit tonight instead of walking so much. Thank you for the advice.

Sara...I usually have a couple on my pillows at night...you know it is a cavalier rule. They are royalty-they must sleep on a pillow :D

Mary,

I am telling you, Kosmo thinks he is a KING! I am dead serious about this issue. I think he is the biggest snob in the world. The vet laughs at me but at first it all started with not peeing on anything other than grass, then he got finnicky with his food, then he tried stealing my pillows, and tonight I noticed that when we are out on walks, he walks with his nose in the air!! He's very prissy! hehe :lol:

King is really the KING of our house...i mean he shares my bed, but sometimes i think im sharing his bed..lol When we sleep he sleeps not @ the foot of the bed like most ppl would think dogs sleep, but rit uo wit me. He sleeps on top of my arm wit his head on my shoulder...but sometime he will move down to my waist...the funny thing is if i move over a lil bit, he moves of twice as much as i just did...also a couple nits ago i woke up to find my head on the smallest corner of my pillow and King layin on the entire pillow wit his head on my shoulder...Has this happened to any1 whos sleeps wit their kids, ur sleepin nice and sound when all of a sudden u get a paw in ur face or side, cuz ur kid KICKED!! u lol...King does this all the time either he's stretchin or he's so deep in dreamland that he's runnin in his sleep...

Here's the master mind hard @ work chewin his booda bone think of ways to get some treats outta me...but he ate his dinner so all he can have 2nit is his chew bones...that's it
183022478_b5360d9654_m_d.jpg

Its ok wit him though cuz it's the cheeseburger flavor his favorite...plus its his last one so i gotta remember to let my boss kno to order me another triple pack....lol

Oh i kinda lied when i said he's not gettin any treats 2nit cuz b4 my mom and I made some strawberry smoothies and i gave King a lil lick of some...only a lil plus is was kinda sweet for him but he will eat anything if i were to let him...any1 else's cavalier like that??

I just fold a normal pillow, place it next to mine and his head and shoulders are on that and his bum and tail are on mine.... althought he does have this karate kick a few times where I have to be ready, just as he is getting comfortable..... I did say learn the tricks of the trade but I must come clean I start out fine on my side, the duvet but by the morning I am at the end of the bed as Woody will snuggle inbetween Darren and me (more my side), then Ozzy will come and dive under the duvet and because Woody is on top of it move further to the outside then Busta moves under the duvet also..... Darren says don't let them do it but have you ever tried to move three dogs who just flop all over the place when you are trying to pick them up.... :sl*p:

Lol that’s quite the appropriate name, King. I thought about naming Kosmo Charlie for a while but then I saw the cartoon again and Kosmo it stayed, hehe. ;) Kosmo is the same way about sleeping, NEVER ever at the foot of the bed, always up with me. Last night by boyfriend came to go to bed and there was Kosmo, head on my pillow, stretching out to his side of the bed. LOL He ended up sleeping at the other end of the bed. MEN NEVER WIN! Lol ;) How old is King? He sure is a cutie! Kosmo has never tried a booda bone before. There’s lotsa things I want to let him try, but most say “not for puppies” and even more than that say “not for dogs under 6 months” and he doesn’t fit either category, so he has to wait a while. I am pretty fussy with the treats and toys that I give him. He tries to eat anything and I am scared he will choke, so most toys he only gets under supervision. I think the only thing he can play with all the time is a rubber nylabone and his kong, lol. Kosmo is VERY fussy with dog foods, but he does like human food. I think most dogs do. Lol. :) I don’t really give him anything besides meat, fruit, and vegetables though. Anyways, thanks for the comment, Kingofthehouse86.

Claire,
LOL I knew you were hiding something when you said he slept on the folded pillow! Lol Kosmo sleeps on my “spare” pillow sometimes, but he ALWAYS has to have something touching me, even if it’s just his paw. He’s funny like that. When we first brought him home and tried to crate him at night he made me stick my finger in the cage or even my nose so he could just touch me. As long as he could touch me, he’d sleep. You have 3 little ones dodging the bed at night time? Lol. My boyfriend is already threatening to kick me out of the bed if I get 2! Lol I know the “flopping” well. Sometimes I will wake up in the morning to take Kosmo out to wee and he will be in “flop mode” all up until I get out the door. Have you ever tried to put a collar on a “floppy dog?” How does Darren like sleeping with 3 dogs? (or does he even have the choice?, lol)

When we travel the dogs sleep with us...so we have to be sure to pack "Shelby's pillow" otherwise I end up with her on my head. :shock:

Back