• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Anxiously awating my new baby!

QCS

Hello, my name is Debbie and i'm expecting my "new arrival" on the 12th. I didn't realize how my nerves would hit me in the meantime - just hoping all goes well with her flight (she's coming in from OK to CA) and the ride home goes smoothly. Above all else, i'm hoping she arrives in the best of health. My hubby and I just learned she was bumped off her original flight coming in on the 8th, due to overbooking. :( I feel like I can't wait another day to see her precious face - but i'm already in love with her, so if I had to wait another 6 months, I would. (i'd hate it, but I would) That said, i'm glad to be in the company of all the Cav lovers here, and will be posting and checking in soon!!

Welcome! I hope you find this site useful, there's a wealth of great information here, as well as great members! :D

I just added a new avatar pic of her - is she too cute or what??? I will try to post more after she's home and settled in. I'm so happy to have found this little angel!! :D

Oh she's so sweet...she looks to have a lot of white, does she have much chestnut on her?

She is darling! :flwr: I'm in OK right now, I would love to fly back to Cali for a bit... that is where I was raised... I wish you the best of luck with your new baby girl :wggle:

Oh, you guys are so sweet - so it's just not me she really IS adorable!?! Yes, she does have quite a bit of white around her neck and chest; most of her color is on midway on her body and hindquarters. It kind of makes her appear as if she's somewhat naked, or "topless"! :) :shock: :)

Hi Debbie. She is really really CUTE. What a face! Any idea for names yet. Hope the flight goes well.

Well, we've (my fam and I) have been going around several names the past few weeks, but the one that has seems to be sticking is "LilyBelle". I think it will be permanent as we seem to be referring to that name alot when talking about her! :)

Love her, love the name!! She is darling! I can feel your excitement from her in the midwest! I'm sure we will all be thinking of you on the 12th. Welcome to the forum. You will find everyone here a bit over the top about their dogs but so willing to share their knowledge and experience. Let us know how she gets along.

JaneB

Thank you all for the warm welcome and well wishes. Seems there is a great bunch here on the board - how could there not be on a site devoted to the love of these sweet babes? I hope to learn tons of information as I go along, and i'm sure I will! I'm so glad there is a place like this to visit; just looking in the picture galleries lightens my day and makes me smile! :p

She is precious, what a sweet sweet little itty bitty face she has.

Enjoy every minute of her they grow too quickly.

Welcome to the board too, everybody here is amazing and very very
supportive.

New arrival

She is gorgeous. Is she coming home on Wednesday?
I bet yu can't wait. It's such an exciting feeling!!

No, I can't wait!! It's not easy. I'm envious of those who are able to visit their pup(s) at the breeder before bringing them home. Our breeder just emailed us and said he would send some new pics of her, so i'm anxiously awaiting those! I can't wait to smother her with kisses!! :D Oh and yes, she is coming home Wednesday!

I love that name...Lilybelle. So sweet and suits her well. Good luck Wednesday...not long now.

Good Morning all - (or to some!)
I had a question - we booked a hotel for a weekend at the beach months ago, and we called to ask if they would allow a dog. After a little pleading they agreed, since it is just for one night. My question is; if we are picking her up at the airport on the 12th, taking her to the vet on the 13th, and leaving for the beach and hotel stay on the 15th, will all that be too much too soon for her? I like the idea of her being with us instead of being kenneled right away :yikes I think she'd have alot of fun at the beach, too. Should I postpone the vet visit until after we return? I would appreciate any advice, please :)

Just a happy note - our LilyBelle arrived in wonderful condition yesterday! She was only too happy to see us with tail wagging away!! As soon as our eyes met, it was true love, and I just welled up. She is so much more sweet and adorable than I hoped she would be. She was an angel on the drive home from the airport; not one whimper - but FULL of kisses! :drivecar: She slept about halfway home. I can already see we will be having a bit of a trying time housebreaking, but that will come in time. She slept in her crate until 4:00 A.M. (6:00 A.M. her time, as she came from OK.) when she thought it was breakfast and playtime! :yikes Anyway, just thought to say all went perfectly well! :D

Congratulations on your new fuzzy addition!

She looks like an absolute gem :)

Happy housebreaking! :yikes

Congrats! :jump: That is one beautiful puppy, please post more pictures :snap: :snap: in the picture gallery...

Back