• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

new addition

Kingofthehouse86

This is my newest addition, a baby peach-face lovebird, dont have a name for him/her not sure gender...just got him/her 2nit
183037632_e352ce02bb_o_d.jpg

Well the reason i got him/her was cuz i've been hand-feeding this lil one wit its siblings for the past 4 weeks and i got attached to him/her so i add a new bird to the house...My rosy-bourke parakeet, Ruby, was a lil upset bout the new baby, but after 5 mins wit the new one she got used to the lil one...but i have to keep them separate 4 bout a week while the lil lovebird adjusts to the house, but play dates out of the cages will make the adjustment go faster.. So say HI every1...so now i have a ckcs(King) a rosy-bourke parakeet(Ruby) a russian tortoise(Rocky) a 20gal fish tank (no names for the fish) and now a baby lovebird(???)

When will you find out if male or female...... hope you are not calling it that..... ha ha ha :lol:

the only way to tell if a lovebird is male/female is to have a DNA test done..but that ok im not ready to spend bout $150 to tell if I have a boy or a girl...im goin it BABY for now til i think of a name..

Aren't they supposed to be in pairs? I've only ever seen them in two's - maybe you need another! :lol:

Their colours are so pretty... I suppose if one lays an egg you also know the gender... :lol:

LMAO Karlin, that reminds me of a cockatiel we had. We called 'him' Sonic and tried so hard to train him but all he ever did was hiss at us and bite us. He did however adore my friend and would sit on her finger, nuzzle her and chatter to her. She begged us to give him to her so we did and after living happily with Lucy for a few years (even though he hates her hubby) they came down one morning to find that 'he' had laid two eggs & has since laid several more :lol: :lol: :lol:

Weird thing is, the bird only does this when her hubby is away on business - we've decided that the bird is gay and is in love with Lucy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

nah Lovebirds don't need to b in pairs...If they are kept in pairs they want everything to do wit each other and less wit their human owners..so that's y i got 1...i wanted to call my new bird "Baby" but thats King's nickname so i can't so it still needs a name but im still thinkin

Back