• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Newbie from Canada!

Cinder

Hello Everyone!

So nice to find a place so full of wonderful and HELPFUL information about CKCS! My guy's name is Cinder and he's just over 1 year old and my first (but surely not last!) cavalier! We live in Alberta where we adopted Cinder from a lovely breeder just north of the city. She was planning to keep him to show but decided that she just didn't have the time for another show-dog.....so lucky us.....we were able to get him when he was about 4months old :) He's one lil bundle of love!! :lol:

I tried posting his pic as my avatar (hope it works!) ;) .

Quick question (almost surely to be followed by many more in the coming weeks! :lol: )......we'll be moving in a couple of weeks (not far....only about 20km from our current home).....but any hints/tips on making the transition a little easier for the pooch? His best bud is our cat (Dexter) so hopefully they will have a little familiarity with seeing each OTHER in their new surroundings at least!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone much better!

-Bonnie (Cinder's Mum!)

Hi Bonnie and icon_welcome

I wouldn't worry too much about moving home with Cinders, we've moved twice since we had Maxx and he's been fine. Both times, we left him overnight with a good friend that he knows really well until the furniture was all in place and then took him in - he was so excited and sniffed everywhere, wagging his tail the whole time. I think as long as he has you and his puddy tat mate he'll be fine :D

Good luck :D

PS I must say though that the last time we moved, Maxx saw the packing boxes and took a huff on him - he went and sat by his toybox LMAO

Hello Bonnie welcome to the site it is a lovely place to be :) Cinders is gorgeous :l*v:

Sarah Xxx

Hi Bonnie! Welcome to you and Cinders. Hope your move goes smoothly. Some say it is good to have someone keep them or board them for the hours involved in the move. That way they are not in all the commotion and when you pick them up they will see all their familiar items in their new home but not have to be involved in all the chaos of the day.

Hey and Welcome!

I am only a newbie myself and already loving it!! Don't worry too much about the move - my poor baby has had a lot of change recently due to my dad passing away - I wasn't around for a couple of weeks at the same time he moved in with my mum for a while until we got our new house sorted - it was crazy time for everyone! Once they know you are there for them and don't get too stressed out yourself, they will be fine and adapt!

I couldn't have survived without my Bailey and he did so well - proud!!
Good luck with it and enjoy the excitement - new for all of you! X

Thanks for the welcome and the tips on the big move with Cinder!

He's been watching me intently lately as I have been packing up bits and pieces of his current home.....I'm very sure he's quite confused about what's going on....but still as laid-back as ever at this point :)

Both my husband and I have a week off when we move.....and Cinder's "grand-parents" (my folks!) will be coming to town to visit......so I'm sure he'll be so thrilled that there will be "company" 24/7 for 9 days straight that he'll barely have time to be upset that he can't find his favorite spot anymore! :lol:

Welcome!! I'm sure you'll find this site very informative. Cinder is a cutie! :D

Welcome Bonnie! Your Cinder looks so much like my Casey right down to the white on the chest. They are just about the same age too. But you say Cinder is mellow...Casey is not! Glad you joined here.

Hi Molly,

I can see your Casey on the far right of your avatar I think :) I love your ruby! If (read "when I convince my DH") I ever get another cav I would love to get a ruby....they always seem to have such soft expressions!

And yes Cinder is generally a VERY laid back boy (between his stints of chasing Dexter, our cat, up and down the stairs for about an hour straight!) :lol: Fortunately Dexter is also very mellow and doesn't get upset when Cinder chases him....in fact he often initiates the 'game'....sneaks up on Cinder and swats him on the butt...then it's off to the races! :rotfl:

Back