• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Nature's Variety Prairie dog food

judy

Does anyone have any familiarity with this one?

It came to my attention yesterday when i read a post on a dog health mail list, about there being a synthetic form of vitamin K, menadione, that's often added to dog food as an inexpensive form of vit K, which is harmful to the liver. it was said that this substance is used in some of the better dog foods as well as the others. The poster said that this brand, Nature's Variety Prairie, has just recently stopped using menadione/K3 because of the concerns.

Here's a link i just found when trying to find out more information about what the problem is with vitamin K. It's not a problem with vitamine K, but just this form of it, which has been prohibitted for use in human food in some european countries, and the FDA/US has some kind of restriction on it.

http://www.dogfoodproject.com/index.php?page=menadione[/url]

heard of it..but never wanted to try it...my boss got a couple sample of the canned food, we gave it to our puppies but they didnt go for it (then tried it on some of our personal dogs her's didnt like it, King totally ignored it when it was in his dish) so wit so many dogs refusing it she didnt bring it in

Back