• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

King and the birds

Kingofthehouse86

Earlier tonight I was playing wit the baby lovebird and Ruby, when King got upset and went inside to sulk on our bed...So i brought the birds in to play... The lil baby went and nozzled rit next to his belly wit his feathering kinda covering him and Ruby jumped on his back...I said "What a picture!"
So here's the pic
186006709_741e4c35b4_d.jpg

Here's a close-up of the baby bird next to King's belly
186006711_b82104de68_d.jpg

That is a great pic. I can't believe he doesn't go after them. A small bird flew in my sun porch this afternoon and the cavaliers went bird hunting. No more little bird before I could even tell them NO!

Im not worried King wouldn't hurt a fly...literally he would want toplay wit it...King likes the birds, he also likes to play wit rabbits, guinea pigs...he also follows my russian tortoise, Rocky, around the house when i take Rocky out for some exercise...I would be more concerned bout King getting hurt by the other animals cuz he's so gentle

Oh bless him, what lovely photo's :D He's certainly extremely saintly with those birds - my two think birds are to chase for fun, no matter how many times a day I say 'NO!' to them :roll:

He does have a wild-side too if u get him 2gether wit my bosses 5 dogs he has a ball...they have a maltese, shih tzu, havanese, goldendoodle, and a bordercollie/berner mix....King loves the 3 lil dogs....but goldie the goldendoodle got to big 4 him to play wit she was his size when she was like 3-4 months old...now she's 7 months and too big 4 him to wrestle wit...lol

I personally wouldnt take any chances with my birds or my dog. There have been several unhappy storys on my bird board about dogs and birds....and they usually have an unhappy ending for the bird.

Please be responsible and NEVER leave your birds around your dog unattended~ It only takes a second for a tradegey to happen.

Kingofthehouse86 said:
Im not worried King wouldn't hurt a fly...literally he would want toplay wit it...King likes the birds, he also likes to play wit rabbits, guinea pigs...he also follows my russian tortoise, Rocky, around the house when i take Rocky out for some exercise...I would be more concerned bout King getting hurt by the other animals cuz he's so gentle

Oh, my godness! This is amazing picture :lol: Bono is like that to, loves to play with rabbits and other animals, but he is scared of puppies and cats :lol:

that's so cute with the little green bird nuzzling into king's tummy.
i agree, it should not be unsupervised, and even supervised it makes me kind of nervous because birds are so fragile. i have known dogs though that would never bite or attack anything, some of them very big dogs who would let themselves be harmed before they would hurt another. but some situations are more unpredictable than others.

I think i posted this here before, or i saw it posted here by someone else, but maybe not:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4547081904842552819&q=Cavalier+King+Charles+Spaniel&pl=true

I have to be honest here, and Im sorry if this is going to come off the wrong way~ but those photos made me very upset. There is no reason ...none...that putting a small love bird on a dog benifits either dog or bird in any way.

My very good gal pal had a beloved quaker that was eaten by her dog in one swift movement~ this is a fellow bird rescue gal who had a momentary lapse in judgement...and is paying a very dear price for it

We can all comment on how cute it is, or how loving the dog must be...but the bottom line is ~ this is a kid ....who thinks its cute to post a photo of his lovebirds on his puppy...but what happens when the puppy isnt a puppy anymore and natural instincts kick in and hes posting that his dog ate one of his birds? How cute is that going to be? I dont think that we should responsibly encourage this type of photo or encourage this child to post any more photos of the birds with the dog.....for his own good.

I can post a handful of posts of dogs eating small birds from my bird board if you'd all like~ but I dont think any of us reallly want to read something like that over morning coffee....Its not fun, or cute...its horrible for the person that opened up this can of worms, becouse they loose the bird and blame the dog for it natural instincts...sorry Karlin, Im really mad ...and I cant keep quiet about it.

OK well a few things..I'm sorry that my pic made u upset, but there was no reason for me to worry bout my birds and my dog being together... King is actually more afraid of my birds then they are of him...

But that was wrong saying that
We can all comment on how cute it is, or how loving the dog must be...but the bottom line is ~ this is a kid ....who thinks its cute to post a photo of his lovebirds on his puppy...but what happens when the puppy isnt a puppy anymore and natural instincts kick in and hes posting that his dog ate one of his birds? How cute is that going to be? I dont think that we should responsibly encourage this type of photo or encourage this child to post any more photos of the birds with the dog.....for his own good.
I'm not a "kid" and I kno how to take care of my animals...

Ok here's the deal...When my brother tells King to do something (besides "Sit" "Stay" "Down" and such) like King knows "Go to ur crate" "Go to bed" "Go to the couch" "Go to mommy/daddy" so if my bro tells him to do either one of the commands he has to repeat the command 3 or more times, but if me or my mom tells him he does it on the 1st command...Any1 know y is that??? could it be that me and my mom r kinda like the alpha and he listens to us, but my bro is lower in command and he thinks less of him....its nothing major just kinda curious cuz this has been goin on 4 a while... Ok like rit now my bro told him to go on the couch like 6 times and he still didnt do it...i said it once he did it without hesitating...

This is the post that lead me to believe that you were a young person~ Still livng with your mother and younger brother~ this post and the one mentioning you were with your family on vacation....and I NEVER said that you didnt know how to take care of your animals~ Just pointed out that your putting your birds in danger by allowing them on your dog.

Back