• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

What's better harness or lead??

tanztanya

I'm thinking about getting my Cavalier, cookie, a harness as I'v heard they are much better for the breed. Is this true?

Tanya

Hi Tanya,

Welcome to the board. Most of us prefer to use harnesses with our dogs as they put less stress on their delicate necks - and we all know how much they can pull when they get excited!

Lots of people use Puppia harnesses but Karlin posted up a link about the 'Easy leader' harness last week too.

http://cavaliertalk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2319&highlight=easy+leader+harness

There are plenty of good harnesses on the market & above all you want one that is going to be comfortable for your dog.

I along with quite a few others also use a collar on my dogs - just to hang their ID tags from and it's also something to grab hold of should they decide to make a bolt for freedom when the front door is opened!

Welcome to the board!

Many vets and now, neurologists recommend harnesses for cavaliers; you'll find a few discussions on the topic here.

Lovely to see your doglet in your avatar; too. :) you just need to reduce the size a bit however (to about half the curent size) -- oversize avatars stretch the entire thread out to accommofdate them, which makes them hard to read for people with smaller screens). Explanations on sizing here:

http://www.cavaliertalk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1706

(y)

lol, thanks. Sorted out my avatar now.

yeah i think i'll get cookie a harness then. Tabitha and Angus do a matching one to her collar. We'll give it a try, she does get a bit excitable on the lead when she get sniffing.

I measured her and in circumference she's 26" and 16" length ways from neck to where her tail starts. i really like the puppia one but i hav a feeling it'l be too tight for her

Tanya,

I have just measured Maxx's large Puppia and they will stretch to 76cm at full 'let out' on the adjustable girth piece.

Cookie has the most soft and gorgeous face btw. How old is she?

ohh thank you. I'll definately get her a large then. She's got to get a pink one that'l match her coat, collar and lead haha.

Cookie's just turned 5. We'v only had her since November though, she's had a tough life so far.

My best friend owned her until she was 2, then her dad said that she can't look after cookie properly so she went to a friend of her mums, but a year later their family split up so she could no longer look after cookie. my best friend went to get cookie back and her dad said she still couldn't look after cookie especially as she started uni last september and would travel from where we live in kingston to royal holloway. So my family took in Cookie as my mum and I have always wanted a Cavalier.

She wasn't in the best shape when we got her, at the house she had been in where they had got divorced she was left alone for about ten hours a day, and the husband was becoming mentally unstable and cookie was hit and she was just a very quiet and scared. But now she's definately come out of her shell and is v.happy, she has learnt how to play again. She still gets possessional over things though.

She is a bit of a cutie, gets spoilt rotten by everyone now

Back