• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Phoebe's friends

brid kenny

This is Eddie, my sister's dog.
He looks like a lab but is a mixture. Phoebe copies everything he does! His interests are walking, barking and chasing stones!!
conferringandKarl116.jpg

THese are my two rabbits Pippin and Merry. I thought they were both male until they were being neutered and it turned out Merry (the black one) is a girl. They are in a big shed with access to a good sized run.
Eating, sleeping and snuggling up to one another!!
DISLIKES: Phoebe!

P5130008.jpg

P7100043.jpg

Pippin

P7100047.jpg

Merry

I love rabbits, but we have so many foxes around the area it is not practical.... I love the cardigan by the way.. :)

Awww I'm surprised they don't like Phoebe :( We used to have rabbits too and when we got Maxx we only had one left. Freddie was a huge, gentle bunny who loved everyone and he and Maxx immediately bonded. We very often used to find Maxx asleep in Freddie's hutch with him & as he got older and his health started to fail, Maxx would wash him. We had to have him PTS after several strokes and I think Maxx was the most upset out of all of us. He used to sit by the hutch and cry :(

I'll have to dig out the photo's and scan them in but they were lovely together. Freddie had a special hutch made by hubby and he could go in and out at free will, he was only ever shut in at night time & spent his whole life happily protecting our garden from neighbouring cats :lol:

He also outlived 2 cats and our GSD. He must have been about 12 when we lost him. We'd had him 9 years and he was 3 or 4 when we got him. He was supposedly aggressive :lol: :lol: :lol: I've never known a soppier bunny!

Stories of rabbits and dogs bonding amaze me. In my ideal world they would be sleeping together harmoniously but Merry and pippin are very bonded and they came before Phoebe.

It's probably because there are two of them. We lost Freddie's brother, Barney to cancer about 2 years after we got them both. Then we got two kittens and Freddie would snuggle up with them.

They used to have great fun in the garden, too. The cats would 'stalk' him & he'd run around getting all excited. If one of them went to sleep, he'd rush up to them and headbutt them to play with him :lol: He also used to sleep with our GSD and outlived them all. When we got Maxx I think he was just glad of the company in his twilight years :flwr:

The only problem now is that whenever Maxx sees a rabbit, he wants to play. My neighbours daughter brought her thugs bunny over and set him down in the kitchen. Maxx got really excited but the rabbit growled at him and he was really upset about it :( Maybe I should get him a baby bunny to snuggle up with - but then knowing Charlie he'd kill it by shaking it like he does to all of his toys :roll: :lol:

Oooohhhh I LOVE your bunnies!!!! Here is my mini lop Ebony, he is a houserabbit and he gets along really well with my dogs. Sorry about the big photo, I am still trying to figure out how to re-size and sometimes I get it goofed-up!

BentleyandEbonyOct2006-1.jpg

Ebbunnyagain.jpg

Back