Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SORTED: 5 year old male blenheim, Dublin area foster needed

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default SORTED: 5 year old male blenheim, Dublin area foster needed

I think I have a place for this fellow to go but just in case, I am posting him here. Ricky is a 5 year old male blenheim and is intact so needs to go for his snips! Therefore he needs a foster for about 2 weeks til he can have his op and recover before being rehomed. I am told he is very friendly and good with kids; he belonged to an elderly person who has passed away and the relative says her boxer can't get along with him though he is very sweet. He loves her young daughter.

Ricky:

Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Karlin,

Poor chap - I could take him next week if that helps but i will be away the week after!

Good luck with it - seems you are an angel for Cavaliers!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The cavaliers are the angels -- I just like helping them out.

Thanks for the offer; I'll keep it in mind. A week will help if I can't place him right away.
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

That is so so true!!
    Bailey is my guardian angel - i say it all of the time!!
    Don't know how i consider parting with him - it's just been emotional these last few months!
    My Dad died at xmas and Bailey has been there through all the good and the bad days - plus we don't have any children but my baby Bailey was the only baby i have who got to see and play with his grand daddy!!
    I work as a teacher so he is not alone for too long but the guilt got to me and i couldn't help thinking of how happy he would be with someone that never left him alone - but that wouldn't be a reality i suppose!
    Anyway sorry to go on but i just don't want you to think awful of me for emailing you in the first place - these things are sometimes meant to be and if i hadn't thought for a second then i wouldnt have seen this incredible website!!!

Anyway ill shut up now - good luck with your search and maybe ill get to see the cutie next week!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

There are almost always options for working things out. And few of us can give 24 hours to our cavaliers. I work from home but mine are quite happy together in a room for the day if I am out. They mostly sleep but sometimes I can tell they've been playing as well as some toys will be thrown about. They also like Lyric FM.

This little fellow is under pressure from the other dog and the woman rightly assesses this is not a safe situation for the cavalier, so he'll be better in a new home.
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

I know you are right anyway i am at home all day for him during the summer and alot of holidays - school holidays - so i am lucky to be able to spend so much time with my baby - i know some people are not so lucky!!

Let me know how you get on with this little guy!! Bailey would love a playmate for a while!!!

Speaking of playmates we are thinking of getting Bailey a bro or sister - we got Bailey from a breeder in Wexford - do you know of a good breeder in Dublin or nearby surrounding area? Wicklow would be good!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'll take the conversation privately.
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

Do we have an early warning of a new puppy about to hit the list !!!!!!

A little friend for Bailey ???? have we news to tell ???

Yes it's lovely and I think myself very lucky being home 24/7 x 52 with the dogs, I often joke with my family when they get under my feet that I'm looking for a p/time job....havn't worked since the children were born 21 yrs ago, ....but then I see their little faces and I just know I couldn't leave them,.... not the family but the girls! LOL.

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alison_Leighfield
    Do we have an early warning of a new puppy about to hit the list !!!!!!

A little friend for Bailey ???? have we news to tell ???

Yes it's lovely and I think myself very lucky being home 24/7 x 52 with the dogs, I often joke with my family when they get under my feet that I'm looking for a p/time job....havn't worked since the children were born 21 yrs ago, ....but then I see their little faces and I just know I couldn't leave them,.... not the family but the girls! LOL.

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Oh, Alison, you have very lucky girls indeed.

Do they know how lucky they are having you - I bet they do.

Post Thanks / Like

It's great to be able to spend the summers and holidays with Bailey - i just hate having to leave him to go to work even though I only work school hours and i ususally leave him at my mums house as she has a Maltese and they are company for each other - that is why i am thinking of maybe a permanent playmate for Bailey!!

We will see!!!