Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Outward Hound Sling-go

Post Thanks / Like

Default Outward Hound Sling-go

I got this so i could take zack into stores where food is sold, i think it's against health code laws but hoping that if i have him way up off the floor, he might get by more easily and my hands are free for shopping. Also, if necessary, i could put a jacket over him so he doesn't show. There's one neighborhood store i take him into, carrying him in my arms, but it's hard to manage when it comes time to pay, while holding him at the same time.

I was surprised at how much he liked it. I expected him to resist a little when i first tried to put him in it, the opening is a little awkward to get his backlegs into, because it has elastic in it and isn't very wide, but he didn't resist and really settled into it like he was happy to be there. It has a pretty cozy feeling. The second picture is after i took it off and set it down on the couch. He just stayed in it, wasn't in any hurry to get out.

It's comfortable on my shoulder. I got it on ebay but they have them at stores like www.petguys.com too.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh wow I love it Zack looks really comfortable in it too. It's just not safe to leave them outside stores anyway, Judy

The only time my two get left home is when I go shopping or to a friend who has an elderly Doberman. He wouldn't hurt my two but Maxx terrorises the poor old man Oh yeah and if I am working (which isn't very often ). They even have to come in the car if I drop my son off to school LOL

I love the self pictures too. Zack has this look on his face that sort of says 'Mummy what are you doing?'

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, have been looking for something like that for my Milly, she is only 3 months and I have to carry her on walks. I let her down to run for about 5 mins only, and then have to carry her. Ive been using a back pack carried to the front, but this sling looks great. Zack looks very comfy in it will try and order one from website,
    Amanda
    Owned by doglets Elliot the Opportunist and Duchess Millie Mischief

"We never really own a dog as much as he owns us" -Gene Hill-

Post Thanks / Like

I have a friend of mine that is a breeder and she bought one to take her puppies on outings and stuff. She loved it so much! The puppies seemed to love it, they would cuddle up in it and just fall asleep. I think they just like being close to you
    We have a pet store here that sells them but I think they are a bit pricey. But I have not yet to shop online for them. I am sure they are cheaper online. We don't have many pet stores around here in the sticks...
    Thanks from JoJo (M-blen- 2 yrs) , Jack (M-Tri 1 yr at the Bridge) , and Miley's Destiny our newest addition born April 22nd (F-Blen 14 weeks old)

Post Thanks / Like

It may look like he's sitting up in the thing but he's not. He's laying on his back, or sitting on his lower back. If you can picture it, his hind legs are in the front, it's like he's cradled in it with his back legs sticking forward. His backbone is curved. I thought it might be uncomfortable but he seemed to like it, i was kind of surprised.

Here's a picture of one on eBay from the same seller i got mine from--it shows a dog being carried lower than how i had it adjusted. I felt better with it higher. I paid about $26 including shipping. This one seems to cost less than mine did.

http://cgi.ebay.com/OUTWARD-HOUND-SL...QQcmdZViewItem

Post Thanks / Like

oh Judy Zack looks so comfortable ! And you look cute yourself! hehe Let me know how it goes when you take him into the store. I have gotten kicked out of LOTSA places for taking Kosmo but sometimes I am able to sneak him without getting caught

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wow, I like that sling! How much does Zack weigh? That's a great idea!
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that is a good price We have a slim selection of pet stores here and the one and only pet store that sells them, sells them for 60$
    I really need to start shopping online more often
    Thanks from JoJo (M-blen- 2 yrs) , Jack (M-Tri 1 yr at the Bridge) , and Miley's Destiny our newest addition born April 22nd (F-Blen 14 weeks old)

Post Thanks / Like

He looks so cute and comfortable in there. I've seen these in the stores before but haven't given it a try...I figured it wouldn't work with my cavalier...even though it is rated for up to 20 pounds it seems like cavaliers have longer legs than the average 20 pound pet. I will definitely try it out now!!! that would be perfect. I take Brodie almost every where and that would certainly come in handy.
    Lynn
    Mom to Brodie (M Black and Tan) and Rescue Kitty Gonzolas

Post Thanks / Like

I have the same exact sling and Chester used to love me carrying him around in it when he was a pup!

Zach is soooo cute in it!
    "My little dog: A heartbeat at my feet."
    ~Edith Wharton