Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Outward Hound Sling-go

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy Moon
    Wow, I like that sling! How much does Zack weigh? That's a great idea!
    I just weighed him today, he's 14 lbs 4 oz. He hasn't increased in weight in the past month. I wonder if he'll grow any more.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeni
    Wow that is a good price We have a slim selection of pet stores here and the one and only pet store that sells them, sells them for 60$
    I really need to start shopping online more often

yeah...even with shipping, you can often get way better prices online.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GudrunTheRed
    I have the same exact sling and Chester used to love me carrying him around in it when he was a pup!

Zach is soooo cute in it!

Is chester too big for it now?

Post Thanks / Like

At 22 lbs. Mr. Chester is way too big for it now. I tried putting him in it a couple of weeks ago and he didn't want anything to do with it!
    "My little dog: A heartbeat at my feet."
    ~Edith Wharton

Post Thanks / Like

Judy--

I wonder if this would be good to use for extended walks. I take my Golden on much longer walks than Mia can handle and have been looking for something I could put her in when she gets tired. I looked on ebay and they also have a more structured front carrier that may be more comfortable for hiking.

Just wondered if you had used yours in this way.

Thanks!
    Denise, Wrigley (Golden-5 Yrs.) and
    Mia Bella (Cavalier-2 Yrs.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have the pet pocket that I've used on some rather long walks with Lucky. It is nice because it distributes the weight evenly since it is literally a pocket that sits on your front. You secure the pocket around you so it is secure and there is a clip inside the pocket to secure to the dog's collar/harness so he cannot wiggle out of the pocket.

Lucky probably weights about 8 - 8.5 lbs now, and I haven't really felt hsi weight at all with the pet pocket. It is supposed to fit dogs up to 20 lbs as well, but I can see that he might grow too big for it. Right now, it's actually a little large for him (I got the medium size because he's a growing up)
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Lani--I'll have to look for one. It sounds like exactly what I need.
    Denise, Wrigley (Golden-5 Yrs.) and
    Mia Bella (Cavalier-2 Yrs.)

Post Thanks / Like

no, i haven't used it any other way. It seems like it could be comfortable for a while, but i haven't worn it/him for more than 5 or 10 minutes, for shopping or picking up take out. That's a great idea to get something that would let Mia come with you.

Post Thanks / Like

Judy,

Do you find that you're using the sling n go often? If so how calm is Zack when he is in it?

Thanks
    Sara, mommy to Kosmo ~ 4 year blenheim boy and Faith 3 year b/t girl *rescue*

Post Thanks / Like

Sara, no i don't use it very often. I forget that i have it! I keep it in the backseat of the car but i forget about it and then i don't go out shopping unless i leave Zack at home. I have worn him/it when going to pick up take out, and i wore him into the market the other day just to use the ATM machine and leave. He is very very calm in it. Surprisingly. He likes it a lot. I hope he will stay under 20 pounds. It's kind of hard to get him into it because of the elastic, i haven't figured out a knack for it yet, but fortunately he likes it so he's not fighting it while i'm trying to maneuver him in.