• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Rudy is home

Pam Smith

I brought Rudy home today and the transition has been so much easier than I thought. He is very alert yet more content to be in his crate than I thought he would. He goes out to potty and walks actually well on his leg. He has that crazy looking lamp shade collar on but he isn't complaining. My other two dogs adjusted well to him coming home so what more could I ask for? :p

Pam,
Wonderful to hear he's doing well. Please give him extra snuggles and kisses from me and my crew! :luv:

Great news Pam. He probably knows he needs to take it easy on some level. For a little while anyway. i'm glad it's going so well so far.

zack has had pyoderma, lots of scabby skin lesions, for the past couple of weeks, and this week he started licking a couple of places on his front legs, and one place got pretty red, like it was getting raw, and the vet said to put a cone collar on him. I still had the one from his neutering. Inexplicably, he seems to like it?? He will always volunteer to put his head in it, and helps me get it on. It does get in the way when he runs around the house, he crashes into things sometimes. but he doesn't get frustrated with it or try to get it off. One time when i came home from work, the thing that ties it had come undone and it was really loose. He could've easily gotten it off but he seems to want to wear it. :lol: i take it off him when i get home though so his neck can have a break.

i hope Rudy continues to have a successful recovery. nice to get your good news.

Back