• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

NORMAL GAIT FOR A CAV??

QCS

Having only had my little one a few days, I am wondering just how much of the "clumsiness" in her gait is just puppyhood, or could it be something more serious? I have a vet's clearance in regard to her knees, hips, etc., so i'm thinking she should be okay, but just don't know. She also sits funny with one or both of her legs stretching outward. She is 11 weeks tomorrow. Is it all normal puppy stuff and i'm just over-reacting?? :?

Sounds like normal puppy stuff to me! It is also common to see a pup's hind legs go in their own direction during running!

Sounds like you're starting to worry like the rest of us!! Welcome to cav-ownerhood!

Thanks, Moviedust; i've been reading so much about this breed and their predisposition to certain ailments/diseases, i'm thinking disaster is lurking around every corner! (time to step AWAY from the books for awhile) :) I guess I am just a nervous new mommy!

QCS,

Kos is a clumsy little man too! ALso when they are small, dont throw their toys next to the wall otherwise they will chase their toys and forget about the wall! :lol: Lol Kosmo ran head first into the wall a few times, but he seems to be getting more observant as time goes on. ;) Take care@

QCS, what's your puppy's name? that photo in your avatar is SO adorable, such a cutie! :l*v:

Thanks!! Her name is LilyBelle - I can't figure out how to put her name under her pic so it doesn't say "pup". Yes, she's stolen our hearts!! :D

If you've had her checked out for hips and knees it's probably nothing. Shelby had a funny gait that I assumed was puppy clumsiness...turned out she had a bad knee. But since that's been ruled out...I'd say it's just puppyhood. Shelby is the one that sits funny. When she sits on the kitchen floor her back legs slide out. She'll be sitting with one leg stuck off to the side (nothing to do with her knees...they are fine now). Seems like she's just more comfortable that way. She is also lays "froggy legged" style whereas Jake never lays like that. He's always on his side.

Back