Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The BEST dog (and cat!) toys

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default The BEST dog (and cat!) toys

I am copying a post I made into my 'Fetch' thread in the generla picture gallery (the one with the little video clip) here. I think this is the most fantastic company for pet toys and also I just found a UK site that carries them:

For anyone interested, this is the toy they are retrieving:

http://petstages.com/viewpage.asp?id=146

They absolutely LOVE this toy -- it is far easier for a small dog to pick up, they like chewing on it, it is extremel;y durable, and you can throw it a very long distance more easily than a ball, because of the rope. I find most ball-on-rope toys are hard for cavaliers to pick up and the ropes are too long -- they stumble over them. This toy is perfect. Also because of its jack shape it bounces in unexpected ways.

I really love the whole Petstages line. Excellent, colourful but not ugly toys for pups, dogs and cats too. The dogs really like all their things.

Ooooh, I found this UK site with Petstages items!!

http://www.surreypetsupplies.co.uk/a...Rope_Toys.html

My guys also love that teether ring -- jaspar has had it since he was a puppy and now they like to play tug of war with it.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Pixie has grown up with the PetStages line. They've been some of her favorite toys. The Chew Ring, Okra mini, Teether, Twin Pull. The Toss and Shake was one of her 1st toys. Sadly, we've recently had to get rid of the Ball...these days her goal seems to be tearing the flaps off and eating them.
    ....Sally
    Mom to Pixie - DOB 5/27/04
    And rescue kitties Max and Sophie

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes I think mine would do the same with that 'slow ball' with the flaps!

BTW for those of you in Europe or Ireland I emailed Surrey pet Supply and they said the DO ship to our areas too so I am flexing that credit card right now...

I LOVE that Petsage treat ball for example. I just got paid from the Guardian for a piece I wrote last month so am going to splurge some of those UK pounds back in the UK economy...
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pet stages

Hi,

Well after searching the net to see if I could get those toys physically in Ireland it looks as if I'm to be disappointed ........
    So I ordered them from the surrey pet store instead even though I had to pay £20 in shipping costs (which I wouldn't normally do!!! ) BUT as there was little choice in it, and I ordered a few together I bit the bullet and went ahead .....

Thanks for the recommendation guys ... shall let you know how it works out .....

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen these! I think we'll get a few for Gus. He's really into plush stuff right now or rope stuff. He doesn't seem to care about the rubber Kong toys yet.
    Jen, Abbey (Tri Cavalier) & Gus (White Min. Schnauzer)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm encouraging Lisa and Tara at Dogtrainingireland.com to start carrying them... they sell some items and James Wellbeloved dogfood (at cheaper than the stores!) out at their facility. So hope they might have them before too long in Ireland. Jen Petstages have all sorts of good puppy toys for keeping them busy. Good quality (their throw toy has lasted a year and seems invincible) and colourful and creative.

You can see all their range here:

http://petstages.com/
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That looks brilliant Karlin - we have the Orka without the rope, but to be honest, TedBear was never that interested in it. I don't know whether I can put a rope through it, might try that.

I have been throwing an Air Kong for them, I bought the medium but it's a bit big really. I tied a knot in the rope so that it wasn't as long - they love it 'cos it bounces erratically, even on the beach. It's made from tennis ball material.

The only decent picture I can find is this one on E-bay...I bought it in my local pet shop though.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Co-animal-Air-...QQcmdZViewItem

This is the small.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

They have a lot of the petstages toys on Ebay at good prices, postage costs aren't all that high either

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/sear...rclo=&saprchi=
    Stephen 3 Cavs - Cody, Abigail & Jasmine, Gavin the terrier and the cats - Buffy, Kendra, Thomas, Caleb, Robin & Cadbury, the Geckos - Crane, Poole, Schmidt, Amber, Seven, Eleven, Thirteen, Ivy, Gretchen, Darcy, Ari, Zeva, Claude & Claudine, Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Dov, Ronia, Netanya

Post Thanks / Like

King loves all his toys from the PetStages line...He has the mini Orka, Toss Ring, Cool Teether, and Rope Ball (rope ball I to replace 2X)
    Aaron, King and the rest of family
    living in NY

Post Thanks / Like

I just went to Petsmart and bought Colby 6 of the PetStages toys !! i will LYK how he likes them !Thanks for the tip !!

His favorite toy right now is the Hide a Squirrel !! He LOVES that thing !!!! I now carry all of the Hide a Toys at TiaBellas bc I figured if he loved them that much my pampered pooch customers will love them too ! and they do !