• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

New members and email addresses

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
I've had a few cases recently where people are accidentally ending up with typos in their email addresses when they register or registering by mistake with a .com when they are at a .ie address, etc. Thus the activation emails bounce back to me even though I have activated your account, so you might not know your account is now usable.

Also sometimes people are worried about spam and put in a fake address -- but this means I get all your emails bounced back to me if yhe system is trying to email you (eg if you get a PM or signed up to be notified about new posts to a thread). The only person who can see your email address is me, unless you check for it to be public on your profile, so no one needs to know it -- but I do! If subscription emails bounce I usually assume they are spammers and delete the account.

So if you are a newbie be sure to sign up with a real email address and make sure the spelling is correct! :)

Back