• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Teacup Agility TDAA question

Cathy Moon

Hi, is there anyone who has shown or done a run thru in TDAA Teacup Agility? I'd like some advice on handling differences compared to regular agility. Is it faster or slower? I want to compete next weekend, and they cancelled the run thru this weekend. Thanks!

Cathy,

how would that compare to the U.K classes?

would it be the same as the mini class that we have here? ours is done on shoulder height and then jump heght, but I have done both and mini is great fun, I find it faster, and I seem to laugh more!

Alison, wilts, u.k.

Alison,
I'm not familiar with the UK mini class - when they set up the course, is the course smaller and the equipment closer together? Teacup agility is for small dogs, and they set up a smaller course so the small dog has an experience more similar to a larger dog running a regular agility course. Otherwise, for the little dog it's like running a marathon and doing agility at the same time.

I think some of the equipment may be smaller, like the a-frame and dog walk might not be at full height, and maybe the teeter is shorter or lower, but I'm not sure. :?

TDAA is not as popular as the other venues, so it is very difficult to find run thrus or trials. And no classes are offered for teacup agility either, that I know of.

When you say it is faster, do you mean for the handler? I keep thinking it will be a little more difficult, but it could be easier in some ways too, right? Unless the little dogs run as fast as they do on a regular course!!

This meet offers two standard runs per day on the weekend, so conceivably Geordie could earn his first title in one weekend! Or we could get 4 NQs :lol: And maybe I will laugh more like you! :lol:

Cathy,

yes our mini courses are with some smaller items but not all. The A frame is usually not so high but the tunnels are the same, the dog walk is smaller as is the see-saw. the jumps have the same wings but are set lower in height.

In regular agility here it seems to be all collies where as with the mini class we get the Cav's, Shelties, Poodles, an excellent mix and it just seems so different. The little legs run so fast and I love it! the course is still spread out so I don't find it any harder handling.

Let us know how you go. Good Luck!

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

:roll: Well, it's raining and the event is being held outdoors! I've decided against going this morning. It's a two day event, so hopefully it won't rain tomorrow.

Back