Thread: Have you ever experienced this?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Have you ever experienced this?

When Cailean came back from his x-ray last week, he was wearing a plaster round his front leg.

On further examination, it turned out he still had a cannula (sp?) in his leg from his anaesthetic

Surely this isn't normal? Cailean took matters into his own hands (or mouth I should say) and removed the sticky plaster and the cannula fell out.

It must've hurt him, because he ripped fur off with the plaster, brave little man.

Should these ever be left in?

I'm taking it back to the vets tomorrow night and will ask if it's theirs!!

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like they forgot to remove it Poor Cailean, what a brave boy for removing it himself. Good job he didn't decide to eat it

Post Thanks / Like

i can't imagine they'd leave it in on purpose. If they did have a reason, i'd hope they'd tell you about it. ouch.

i used to have that happen with an acupuncturist i went to (for myself). I'd get home or be driving home, and find needles here and there.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to work at a Vet clinic, and we never did that, except in very specific circumstances, in which case we gave the owner very clear directions as to what to do, etc.
    Jenni, Scott, Corgan (blenheim), Celti (Corgi-mix), and Luna (kitty)