• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Holly sleeping with me

Sleeping

I got Brianna, a tri, about a month or so ago. I Crated her from the beginning at night as I have done with my other dogs (golden retreivers). It has never beena problem until now. Brianna would bark and bark and finally she would settle down for about 2 hours or so and then start barking again. Thinking she had to go out I dutifully took her out and she peed and back into the crate she would go. This would happen all night. I wasn't getting any sleep. Finally a friend who took her one weekend suggested that I let her sleep with me. I resisted because, I don't do sleeping with dogs. Fiannly it was either her or me and I tried sleeping with her. She slept through the night!!!! LIttle stinker had been waiting for this! So now she sleeps draped over my throat!!

Jan
Brianna
Theo and Mara, Goldens

Sharing your bed

I would cry if I had to sleep without my baby :lol: We had good intentions with each of our cavy's. Didn't last long though, and that was due to hubby saying, 'Go and bring her upstairs!' Not one to argue with my husband ;) I dutifully did as I was told.

:) When we first had Barney he used to sleep in his basket in the hall good has gold but after a bit he did not want to he used to pawing the door and crying so he got in the bedroom he still cannot get on the bed yet but is quite happy as long as he is near us :) Aileen

We have always slept with our furbabies. With our first one I think that we felt guilty because he was on his own all day. After he died and we got our Lottie it was just natural for her to sleep with us and so when we got Sophie what else were we to do except have her join us on the bed! :D In summer time they sometimes hop off and go and sleep on the tiles but they always come back for a cuddle. They tell us when it is potty time and then take themselves off to bed. :)
Julie and the girls

Husband was away for two nights this weekend. Slept with my two doggies. A great time was had by all!

I'm a novice, but I figured it's easy to wash sheets/duvets etc. Main thing, I figured, is to keep the dogs as clean as reasonably possible and to apply Stonghold (anti-flea stuff) once a month at least.

Just adding that since Chloe came to live with us two days ago, she sleeps on the bed with us too!
First night she was disturbed a little with my OH snoring (he will have to go!) second night she didn't move once! We had Toby underneath the covers, Chloe on top, and then Jessie came in underneath too!
Didn't take her long, did it??!
Home from home!! :flwr:

Back