• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Back from Duluth Dog Show

Bruce H

We are back from Duluth Dog Show. I posted about the clear hearts in the health section, which is the top-most thing on my mind. Everything else is secondary to that.

As for the show, no points :( , but you can't win them all. Most everyone who has shown will tell you that you will loose a lot more than you will win. Deuce was entered in the Bred-by-Exhibiter class with just one other dog and got first on Friday and Saturday. Couldn't get him any further than that, though. Did get a number of good comments on him from other breeders there, most of them about how good they expect him to look when he matures a bit.

We pulled Dottie from the competition because she decided it was a good idea to start blowing her coat a couple weeks ago and was not really showable. We showed Pixxie and our Champion Cooper, but neither of them did anything.

The picture below is of our van almost packed. We had 8 plastic crates and 1 collapsible crates for the 10 dogs. It's a tight fit.
191937482_e06897a70f_o.jpg

When we got to our cabin, we set up 2 x-pens hooked together. This way we could have then outside with us. Oh, and as soon as I find the other memory card, I'll post about the 2 extra rubies.
191937485_b46e7e035d_o.jpg

This last one is of Deuce down by Lake Superior. He may be a construction puppy, but he is definately not Nautical Dog :lol: He was very put out when a little bit larger wave came in and got his feet wet!
191937486_895bb52a86_o.jpg

Bruce the photos are adorable. The judges clearly haven't a clue!!
It all looks like a lot of work though!!

Pah, bet those judges didn't have a clue about Cavaliers :roll:

How could they not vote Deuce as top pup in show? He's gorgeous and quite right to be miffed at the nasty big wave :lol: Did he bark at it and jump backwards, being a big brave dog? That's what Maxx always used to do at waves hahaha silly furballs they are :lol:

Love the x-pen picture too, Bruce. A man and his dogs - no happier sight :flwr:

I think Deuce looks great -- slim and healthy. He probably was too slim for the tastes of some judges. It seems that, especially in the puppy classes, the fatter ones get put up more often. I sure like the tongue on that ruby in the x-pen.

Rod Russell
Orlando, Florida USA

Wow! Looks like you had a car full. I wondered how you did that. You might have to upgrade to a school bus soon :D Them two rubies are beautiful, well they are all very beautiful and handsome... :flwr:

That van is packed. I have a friend who breeds pugs who was at that show and she said it was so hot-105 degrees. I hope you had it cooler at your cabin. I love the pic of you sitting in the pen with the pups. I think that is where I would want to be too!

Back