• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Bryony - Rupert's Doggie Mummy

Nicki

My Rupert's beautiful, precious Mummy went to the Bridge yesterday morning...

She had reached the wonderful age of 12 1/4, and had been battling with MVD for the past 5 months.

She was the first Cavalier that my husband and I met properly, we'd only seen them in the distance and on television prior to that - she was a wonderful introduction to our beloved breed, she jumped up at our knees and was SO pleased to see us, we just fell in love with her.

Bryony will always have a very special place in our hearts, so I hope you don't mind me sharing her with you.

This was taken on a visit to see her {and Rupert's two litter sisters, and one half sister}, Bryony would have been 4 and Rupert 2 - Rupert got in their basket and Bryony put her head on his back. A treasured memory.

rupert30-1.jpg

Awww, that's sad.

Bryony was beautiful - no wonder Rupert's so handsome. How could he not be with a mummy like that? If you're like me, it makes you sad when one of your dogs is bereaved, even if Rupert won't know about it.

Run free at the Bridge, little girl.

Awwh!sweet Bryony be free at the bridge with no more pain. A beautiful girl for sure.

Nicki,

You know I understand, so sorry Nicki she was a beautiful girl indeed. I'm sure she had a wonderful long life and now she is free to run at the bridge forever.

love Alison x

Wilts, U.K.

Oh Nicki,

So sorry about Bryony. I am sitting here in tears now. Give Roops an extra big squeexy hug from me xxxxx

Thank you all for understanding...

Giving him lots of extra cuddles to make up for it, he definitely knows we are upset, so gueses something is wrong.

Thanks Fran - yes he's always been very perceptive, he knows if we're not well or feeling a bit low.

I think it's made me aware again that he won't be with us forever...just have to make the best of every day and enjoy them whilst they are with us. That's their only fault isn't it, they don't live forever and they break your heart when they go. :( :(

Oh Nicki, I couldn't agree more. They are the most perceptive dogs ever & most definitely the most loving. I'll bet Rupert understands everything you've been talking about and is upset too. I think Maxx always does.

Their deafness means nothing - they are so clever that they can more than likely lip read, bless them :l*v:

Thinking of you all and sending hugs and a special xxx for Roops xxx

Rupert says the first word he learnt to read was the B word...BISCUIT!!!

Yes I'm sure being deaf has heightened his other senses, and he has the most AMAZING sense of smell...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Maxx's favourite B.... word is 'Bonie' hahaha

You know Nicki, I think it's amazing how their sense of smell takes over. This morning, Geraint needed a lift so he got the boys breakfasts ready whilst I was showering.

He called both the boys down and Charlie went immediately whist Maxx still lay on his bed. THEN the smell of his breakfast drifted up the stairs and whooosh he was gone like the wind :lol: :lol: :lol:

Byrony is such a pretty name!! And she is also beautiful!! I am sorry to hear of your loss. I know exactly how you feel, but remind yourself that if it wasn't for her, you wouldn't be where you are today. :) *hugZ*!

Dear Sweet Nicki

I am just reading this post now, I am so so sorry I have been a bit out of touch.
I know both your heart and Trevor's are hurting, please find some peace
knowing that she lived to a good age.

Free with all the other little angels at the bridge, you have been through so much sweetie.
Find peace in knowing that she is at peace.

Luv You
lulu

no wonder you became addicted to cavaliers upon meeting her. her expression is so sweet and so connected. sorry she had to go, sorry any of them ever have to go. but worth every minute, and more.

Back