• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Introducing Chico and Grant

Bruce H

Kris made me promise not to tell until after the Duluth show. About a month ago in a series of events too mind boggling to comprehend, we got two ruby boys :yikes Still not sure how it happened, but the opportunities presented themselves not 2 weeks apart and, being afflicted with the ruby addiction, we nodded our heads and here they are.

192080292_310351bfb9_o.jpg

This is Chico. He is about a year old and came to us from a breeder in the UK. It took him about 1 day and he made himself at home with us. He is absolutely georgeous with a ton of coat. We would have loved to show him at Duluth, but there was no way to get all the paperwork done between here and the UK. We had him heart cleared at Duluth and expect the rest of the paperwork from AKC in the next couple weeks. Can't wait to start showing him.

192080291_17208e8b86_o.jpg

This is Grant. He is about 7 months old and came to us from a breeder out east. He and Deuce have become inseperable and play ALL the time! We showed him in Duluth and on Saturday he took Reserve!! I really did not expect that from him because he is still young and immature. What really thrilled us was that the judge told Kris he was the nicest puppy he had seen in a while and to be sure to bring him back to him when he filled out.

192080294_5a822fc103_o.jpg

This is Grant and Chico at Lake Superior ready to see if they like swimming and cooling off in the lake.

192080295_9b12363484_o.jpg

"Hey, we kind of like this water; it's the biggest water dish we've ever seen!"

192080297_121d40f1c2_o.jpg

"Nothing like a cool dip in the afternoon. Can we do this tomorrow? Maybe my buddy Chico will come out in the deep water with me."

Sorry about the one oversize picture; must have forgotten to resize. The photographer that did Anna and Cooper's glamour shots was at the Duluth show, so we had him do Chico and Grant. The proofs look really great and will post the pictures when they come.

OMG Bruce..you lucky duck you!! They are absolutely gorgeous. I am so jealous. Beautiful boys though don't know if I envy you with 4 boys in the house.... :yikes

You just have to be the luckiest person ever!!! Congrats those boys are so stunning :w*w: b*n*n* b*n*n* b*n*n* b*n*n* b*n*n*

Oh you lucky things :D So glad they have fitted into your family & the others have accepted them so well too :flwr:

You need to update your web pages btw - I went in search of new piccies this morning :( ;)

They're gorgeous Bruce, congrats! It seems I'm seeing more and more rubies around Minneapolis lately. There was a young one in Gus' class last night as well.

I'm partial to ruby's too, because my first cavalier was that color. Your Chico looks so much like my Pippin. His parents were both from the UK and he has a full coat too.

192628402_971c43f98d_m.jpg
192628401_d4d155ab09_m.jpg

Have a great time with your new family members.

Good grief! You must have about 10 dogs by now. They are gorgeous though. New boyfriends for Isis :lol:

joanna said:
Good grief! You must have about 10 dogs by now. They are gorgeous though. New boyfriends for Isis :lol:

Actually, we used to have 10; these two new guys make 12 :yikes

It's actually starting to get a little scarry. If Kris had to work outside the home, there is no possible way we could have this many dogs.

Bruce do you ever take them all out together and if so, how do you manage them? :dgwlk:

I find three just about what I can manage without leads tangling hopelessly.

We don't walk them outside together; an impossible task with that many.

We have a fenced back yard, maybe 1/4 acre fenced, and we play with them and let them run out there. Their favorite play is when we stand on the deck with the laser light and they chase it. Their second favorite play is when we throw the miniture tennis ball off the deck and they retrieve it. About every other day we (Kris) cleans up the messes.

The 2 x-pens we set up at the cabin in Duluth this past weekend gave them a chance to play, but it really wasn't much exercise.They had the run of the cabin whenever we were there, but we had to keep a really close eye on them. For peeing and pooping, Kris and I walked them two at a time; kind of time consuming, but what the heck, we were on vacation :D

All of this reminds me of another of my pet peeves: people who don't pick up after their dog. The people in the cabin next to us had 3 dogs they were showing in obedience. Not once did they pick up after their dogs on their own! The whole time we were there, I always had a pocket full of plastic bags for cleaning up and even offered them a bag when I saw their dog mess. They used it then but that was the only time as far as I could tell. They, of all people, should understand; it's something that is really stressed at the shows.

Oh Bruce they are gorgeous, lucky lucky you.

So thrilled for you - as you know I'm a bit partial to Ruby boys myself :lol: I don't think I would have been able to resist these two

Wow Grant did amazingly well to take Reserve at that age....everything crossed for his future...and for Chico too of course, they look stunning.

Chico didn't come from Scotland by any chance did he??

Bruce, I can't believe you could keep that secret!!! You lucky dog! The guys are beautiful. How wonderful that they get to share your home and are show potentials as well. Kris must be overjoyed with the new additions. Congratulations to you both. Please keep us up to date on their progress.

JaneB

so adorable!

Bruce,

Chico and Grant are GORGEOUS and only furthering my desire to have a ruby around the home :)

Wrigley got a special card in the mail a few weeks ago asking him to return to the retirement home, so we're going tomorrow! He's hoping to run into George, a Parkinson's patient that just adored him. Wrigley spent the whole night playing with 3 cats (Tipsy, Rocky, Gabe) and one dog friend (Sparky). He's busy resting at my feet to get ready for the big day tomorrow!

What's new with your extended dog family, Bruce? Any breeding going on soon?????

Kris and Wrigs

Back