• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Did she swallow a watermelon???

Here's an interesting set of pictures and the genetic explanation for a variety of chocolate cavaliers:

http://www.cochrancav.com/chocolate/chocolate.html

Not sure how to post a link to another thread but Karlin has this info under the "Buying and Preparing for a Cavalier" section, it is the 6th thread down. Very interesting color. I have not yet to see one for sale.

jeni said:
Here's an interesting set of pictures and the genetic explanation for a variety of chocolate cavaliers:

http://www.cochrancav.com/chocolate/chocolate.html

Not sure how to post a link to another thread but Karlin has this info under the "Buying and Preparing for a Cavalier" section, it is the 6th thread down. Very interesting color. I have not yet to see one for sale.

Susan Cochran is the only one I know that has come up with this color(very recessive)-- it isn't a recognized color. In fact- when you breed this color you end up with putty colored eyes and nose pigments (not good). Sandy

WoodHaven said:
[
Susan Cochran is the only one I know that has come up with this color(very recessive)-- it isn't a recognized color. In fact- when you breed this color you end up with putty colored eyes and nose pigments (not good). Sandy

Aside from the fact the coloring is not recognized by AKC and means disqualification from any AKC show, etc., are there other negatives to the eye and nose pigmentation? Are there health concerns that these cavs would have that the others dont have?

I think they are cute because of the chocolate color of the fur, I am not too fond of the nose color or the eye color. It is pretty scary that they are so rare. Probably because it just wasn't meant to be. She just had the two on her site, they are no longer on their either. I don't know much about it but makes you wonder if the color even came from a cavalier?? :huh:

How is she today!? I think they came from the old ancient cavaliers.. I think I read that somewhere. . Also apparently there was a such thing as an all black one and an all white one. :) I'll still take the Choco though! I want one!

All is Okay today. I am just sitting here watching her... secretly wondering if there is a way to induce her icon_whistling Maybe a long walk, something... the supense is killing me :D

OMG that little choc & tan baby on her site is soooooooooooooooo yummy :lotsaluv: Me and Geraint are in love with the furbaby. He was ooohing and aaahhhing like a good un :lol:

Poor Puzzles, she must be getting fed up now. I remember the last days of my pregancies so well that I can really sympathise - and I only had one at a time ;) :lol:

Let us know as soon as anything happens, Jeni :flwr:

Cant wait to hear the news , Puzzles will be delighted too when she has her babies .
Lots of Kisses from Heidi and Nifa

Mimi

I've lost track of how many times i've checked this thread in the last 24 hours expecting to read about new arrivals :lol:

Remember Jeni....a watched pot never boils!

Man is that ever true :roll: I let her go for a little walk a bit ago. We had a cold front come thru :shock: temp droped to like 95 instead of 110. :D So I figured like 15 mins out in the yard wouldn't hurt icon_whistling I am supposed to go to ball game tonight, for a few hours... I am thinking about going just to get away and see if she does something while I am gone. She has had loose stools today and last night, but worse today. She has shown some nesting behavior but nothing like when she was in labor last time. (she shreded towels last time :lol: ) so I don't know... I guess next step is taking the stairs a few times :lol: :lol: :lol:

Won't work - I tried it all. Hot curry, tin of prunes, up and down the stairs - babies come when they're cooked and not before :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll bet Puzzles is thinking 'Gee, I wish Mamma would go to her bal game and leave me in peace ;) :lol: '

I agree. The puppies will come when they're ready to come, usually when it's most inconvenient for you :D . Once puppies start coming, we walk the mom if she starts going a little long between pups. Don't know if it really helps or not, but it makes US feel better!

Been a while since I watched a thread this close. In many respects, I envy you, but then again I don't envy the lack of sleep you are facing. Hang in there!

Thanks Bruce... Yeah it is just a big waiting game. I have been taking temps and this morning it was 99.9 and just now it was 98.8 So we have droped quite a bit just since lunch time. She seems to be pretty calm now, I will probably just go to my ball game and hope for the best. :flwr: I have baby sitter for her so I am not to worried to leave her, yet I am :(

Jeni - I can't wait to hear about the puppy births and further puppy details. I have been avidly following Puzzles progress.

However, I am worried that you & Puzzles will be too busy to let us know what is going on once the birthing begins. Have you planned to have a backup person to give us the blow by blow on this website? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lol I'm with Charleen. Who's the backup!? I can't even imagine how excited you are to see all the little ones right now. I don't think I'de be able to sleep for days.. Or go to the ball game! But I bet puzzles wants you out of the house though :p hehehe.. Keep us posted !! :)

I will keep everyone posted. Looks like its time to start another thread. I went to my ball games and I am back to watching her, and patiently waiting icon_whistling I expect that I will have time to post blow by blow. I have a laptop so I will keep it next to the whelping box :lol: And my camera :snap: Thank you all for your interest in Puzzles... I am sure she is glad that she has so many supporters b*n*n*

Back