• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Did she swallow a watermelon???

Oh goodness was really hoping that they'd be well on the way by now...poor Puzzles, she must be so hot and exhausted :(

Has she shown any signs yet?

Thinking of you and sending lots of positive thoughts

Nothing yet :( She is just resting. She has to be 1/2 past miserable. I found pictures of her last time while she was whelping and she was not near as big as she is this time. I don't know what is going on.
The only thing that I can figure is that she knows that I have this all planned out, she knows I'm off work next week, so she is probably waiting to surprize me :yikes That's got to be it...
I promise to keep everyone posted, I will send a message as soon as I see something exciting going on. She will probably do it in the middle of the night... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here is a pic from her last pregnancy...
1821e98b.jpg

And this is a pic of her today...
5bb8e29d.jpg

Oh bless her she looks SO much bigger...I hope the pups are not going to be too big, but they shouldn't be when she is having that many.

I'm sure you are right, she will probably wait until the middle of the night, that seems the favourite !!

Thanks for keeping us posted...make sure you get some rest too whilst you can!

Cathy, we've about 140 miles NORTH of Pitlochry :D

About 1/2 way between Inverness and John o'Groats, about 1 1/2 miles from the coast. Do you know the Highlands at all?

My Aunt and Uncle used to live in Dayton, my parents went out to see them but sadly I never did get to go...is it far from you?

Nicki said:
Cathy, we've about 140 miles NORTH of Pitlochry :D

About 1/2 way between Inverness and John o'Groats, about 1 1/2 miles from the coast. Do you know the Highlands at all?

My Aunt and Uncle used to live in Dayton, my parents went out to see them but sadly I never did get to go...is it far from you?

Forgive me if this posts twice, I am having a terrible time with my computer today - keep getting kicked off the internet for the past 2 days. :crash:

Nicki, Yes, we have visited Scotland twice, and drove all over the Highlands! We got married in Pitlochry, stayed in Blair Atholl. We stayed in the small towns, not cities, but drove through Inverness. We stayed on Skye, too. We love the Highlands!! Can't wait to return someday! Love seeing the Highland cattle, and the scenery and castles, and the people are so friendly.

Dayton is 3-4 hours from me, and I have relatives there also! Small world!

OMG Jeni,

Poor puzzles, she is enormous :yikes . I'll bet she can't wait to get those babies out now, she must be feeling pretty uncomfortable :(

I love your whelping box, has it got a heater in it as well as the lamp? I just see a temperature control thing on the side.... Sorry, I've never seen a whelping box before and am interested.

Really hope those pups come soon, I'll be checking in as soon as I can tomorrow :D :flwr: XXX for Puzzles

I love your whelping box, has it got a heater in it as well as the lamp? I just see a temperature control thing on the side.... Sorry, I've never seen a whelping box before and am interested.

The box in the first picture has the heat lamp and the thermometer in it. The lamp is enough heat for the box. I kept it near a heater vent also. The box in the second pic is the box that I have now, (I lent out my old white box and the lady let one of her boy dogs chew it up :( ) so I got another one, the wood one. But this one just has fans pointed at it now to keep my little princess cool. I have the thermometer and heat lamp near by.
Her first litter was in the winter so I didn't have to work so hard to keep her cool. Panting is a good indicator of her starting her labor so I work hard to keep her cool this time. Well of course it is way comfortable for her also. :D

seriously.. How on earth does she walk? I can't even imagine seeing her wobble through the room. If I were here I think I'de be rolling by now! Hang in there Puzzles, it's almost over! :)

arasara said:
seriously.. How on earth does she walk? I can't even imagine seeing her wobble through the room. If I were here I think I'de be rolling by now! Hang in there Puzzles, it's almost over! :)

I agree!! looking at her photo- I can't believe there are only 6 in there. I wonder if she is carrying a lot of water? or the pups are BIG-- How big were her last pups? Sandy

My guess is that the x-ray is off. It was off on my sister in laws dog and she had the x-ray the same day and the same Dr. read it.
Here are the weights of her last puppies:
8.0 oz
7.0 oz
8.5 oz
6.5 oz
6.5 oz
8.5 oz
I wish I knew how close she was because if she isn't even close then I need to go to work tomorrow. :huh: :huh: :huh: She has dug at her bedding a total of about 4 times today. Her temp is 99.4, I am so ready for this lady to start... icon_whistling I guess it is just a big waiting game :lol:

Oh Puzzles, you poor love :( It's not funny being pregnant and looking and feeling like a beached whale - especialy when it's hot. I know, hun, I've been there :( My mamma was watching me like a hawk too ;)

I hope thise babies come out today and then you might feel a bit better. Sending you lots of hugs and cuddles :lotsaluv: xxxxxx

She is fine, she is keeping me in suspense today :lol: :lol: :lol: I decided to come to work because as of 5 am this morning nothing was going on. So I have my son camped out in the recliner watching her. He has his cell phone and is giving me reports of everything she does :lol: :lol: :lol: From about 3-am til about 6am this morning she was nesting a lot more than normal but no panting yet. Lets keep our fingers crossed and hope that today is the day. :flwr: I'm only a 10 min drive from my work to home and I have a very good puppy sitter at home watching her... I am ready to see some puppies darn it... b*n*n*

My goodness this is so exciting!!!! i have been reading all the posts....

come on puppies you are ready to come out now your mom is tired :D

This is fresh news right from my sons mouth, he said that she has started panting!!!!! You are the first to know... :*nana: b*n*n* cl*p :*nana: b*n*n* cl*p :w*w: I will go home shortly and keep all posted.

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy when I saw you'd posted I knew what it was going to be :rah: :rah: :rah: :rah: :rah: :rah: :rah: :rah: :rah: :rah: :rah: :rah: :rah: :rah: Let's hope it's quick and easy for her :lotsaluv: xxxx

Back