• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Missing Cavalier, please say a prayer...

What wonderful, happy news, Danielle. I woke up in the middle of the night and thought of you and Jace. I'm so happy your boy made it home safely. Did the guy that returned him actually ACCEPT your reward? I found a couple of dogs running down the middle of a road a few weeks ago. They both had tags so I phoned the number and found that an elderly man had lost them a few days before. When I returned them, I found that he was offering a very large reward for them. When I told him I couldn't accept money for getting them reunited, he insisted on paying the reward!!! I asked him if he would make the check out to our local Humane Society instead. I can't imagine someone benefitting from someone else's loss. Oh, well. I guess the main thing is Jace is home.

JaneB

What a wonderful nights rest we all got, and a great day. I'm so happy to have him home I just can't stop hugging him! About the reward, I'm not sure yet, since we didn't know this guy and had no idea what the situation was my fiance talked to him beforehand and told him he'd be in town in four days and they'd deal with the money side, in the meantime to just give me my puppy! He didn't think it was a good idea I go to some strangers house with a large amount of cash. So we'll see... Right now the boys are fighting over greenbeans. Jace doesn't really like them, he just likes to try and bite them out of Caden's mouth cause he does. :lol:

Oh my gosh...I just read your initial post. My heart dropped and I held my breath as I scrolled through looking to see what happened. You made me cry!!! I'm so incredibly happy for you that this all worked out. You sure are lucky!!!! This is one of my biggest fears...that one of my guys whill escape and someone will find him/her and keep them! Whew...now I can breathe again.

Cathy T said:
This is one of my biggest fears...that one of my guys whill escape and someone will find him/her and keep them! Whew...now I can breathe again.
All I could think was how adorable he is, how smart and loveable and if I found a dog like him I'd certainly keep him! Ha, just kidding but really, I am just so thankful to have him home.

What great news; a reward offered can make all the difference between someone deciding to keep him and someone handing him in. Ypou may never know the situation in which he disappeared; he may well just have gone wandering off. Was he found far away from your home? If so then someone probably picked him up. You are so lucky to have him back.

cl*p

Back