Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hot fur babies

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hot fur babies

Can anyone suggest how i can keep two fur babies cool at work.

I have taken them out and hosed them down with water using a very fine mist, i have put ice cubes in their water, they are in the shade with a fan going and i am trying to keep them as still as possible.

Any ideas what else i can do as Toby is still panting away heavily.
    Mum to AJ (Blenhiem born 6th August 2010) - my world
    My beautiful, brave boy Toby (Blenhiem) now waiting for me at the Bridge, love you forever chicken!
    Auntie to:Taffy(B) &Archie(B&T) - Doggy kisses 'cos you know there the best kind!

Post Thanks / Like

I just read somewhere that getting them wet all over is not a good idea as the hair in the coat heats up and turns to steam on them...just cool water on their bellies to cool them down.
    Mary-owned by Maya, Scout, Jazz and Sassy
    Annie at the bridge 3/13
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance......

Post Thanks / Like

Ahh right ok, thanks for that.
    I've sent someone out to get me a little mist bottle so i can give their tummys a spray.

This weather is nice but the dogs hate it.
    My beautiful, brave boy Toby (Blenhiem) now waiting for me at the Bridge, love you forever chicken!
    Auntie to:Taffy(B) &Archie(B&T) - Doggy kisses 'cos you know there the best kind!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You can also buy cool gel pads for them to lie on -- I've seen those before and people have said they are great!
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Oh what a good idea, Karlin

Amy, it's been horrible here today hasn't it? Apparently one of the hottest places in the UK and all because we are down in the big dip

Tomorrow is going to be hotter!!!!!!!!

If you need anything from Wilsons or Countrywide for them then just PM me and I'll pop in and then drop it out to you.

You're doing the same as me with the ice cubes LOL I rubbed one on Maxx's belly earlier too and he loved it

Post Thanks / Like

U kno i found these in my Drs.FosterSmith catalog:
    http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Produc...tid=9441&rel=1 its a body cooling wrap

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Produc...+113843+113234 a cooling mat (its also on sale too)

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Produc...&N=2001+113635 a different cooling bed

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Produc...&N=2001+113234 last is a cooling bandana
    Aaron, King and the rest of family
    living in NY

Post Thanks / Like

Hi
    Thanks Aaron (King). I love the bandana, i would be really tempted to get one although being in England this is likely to be the only summer we will get for the next 5 years as i expect we would be back to the 'old fashioned' summer which means rain. I wonder if a towel soaked in cool water would do the same job??

Donna - thanks for the offer thats so kind of you, i think we are coping at the moment. Only have one furbaby to keep cool today. Have been misting his tummy again, which really cools him down. I like the idea of ice on Maxxs tummy but i think Toby is too chicken to let me do it! Must go and make some more 'cubeys' for Tobys water.

Thanls everyone for all you suggestions

Post Thanks / Like

It must be hot today, Toby has no interest in eatting at the moment. Have also been spraying a fine mist of water into the flow of the fan in the office to cool the room down which seems to help.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that sounds hot.....

We are used to the hot summers here in Malta so we are equiped thank goodness.. Aircon in all rooms etc... and we can not take her out at all during the day unless it is to go in the sea and when she gets out she sits in the shade.... but walks only at night it is tooo hot...

I know a few cavs with heart probs and they have to be shaved and not alowed out at all almost how sad aye!!

Post Thanks / Like

I put a large bath towel in some cold water, get as much out and then put it on the floor - plus they have a fan on the table blowing down on them and all my blinds are shut.....