Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hot fur babies

Post Thanks / Like

Oooh that's a good idea, Claire. I've just been laying on the kitchen floor rubbing their bellies with more ice cubes but Maxx keeps eating them as I'm using them

Post Thanks / Like

I would LOVE to know where everyone works, so that they are able to take their dogs with them??? I would LOVE to take my guys to work, but my job would never let it happen. (I work in the food industry )
    For those who do take your fur babies, you are very lucky...
    Thanks from JoJo (M-blen- 2 yrs) , Jack (M-Tri 1 yr at the Bridge) , and Miley's Destiny our newest addition born April 22nd (F-Blen 14 weeks old)

Post Thanks / Like

Jeni,

I don't work outside the home at the minute so don't need to take my dogs with me - we are home together all day long

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeni
    I would LOVE to know where everyone works, so that they are able to take their dogs with them??? I would LOVE to take my guys to work, but my job would never let it happen. (I work in the food industry )
    For those who do take your fur babies, you are very lucky...
    Hi Jeni,
    I work in the transport industry, as long as the boys don't go into the warehouse we are ok, they stop in the offices or i take them for walkies on the field around the back of the warehouse.

Also the company i work for is family owned and the 2 dogs belong to the directors.
    Mum to AJ (Blenhiem born 6th August 2010) - my world
    My beautiful, brave boy Toby (Blenhiem) now waiting for me at the Bridge, love you forever chicken!
    Auntie to:Taffy(B) &Archie(B&T) - Doggy kisses 'cos you know there the best kind!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I would be in hog heaven if we had dogs at work
    Thanks from JoJo (M-blen- 2 yrs) , Jack (M-Tri 1 yr at the Bridge) , and Miley's Destiny our newest addition born April 22nd (F-Blen 14 weeks old)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We have some "sendaway" mats that are cotton on top, with wadding in the middle and waterproof nylon sheeting on the back...

I soak them before we put them in the car crate, the dogs lie on top and it does help keep them cool.

Mine came from here

http://petcraftproject.proboards24.c...gi?board=sales

you need to watch out for them in the Flash and Grab sales, or can put in a request.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Nicki - doesn't you pooch look posh sat on that lovely mat

Very adorable Ruby!!
    My beautiful, brave boy Toby (Blenhiem) now waiting for me at the Bridge, love you forever chicken!
    Auntie to:Taffy(B) &Archie(B&T) - Doggy kisses 'cos you know there the best kind!

Post Thanks / Like

Its a bit cooler here today. The dogs are a little happier.

I took Donna's advice yesterday and rubbed ice cubes on Tobys tummy, he adored it and keeps lying on his back for me to do it again!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like it's unseasonably warm all over the world! Here in San Diego we have had unbelievable heat (for our particular area). We put a/c in the house a couple of years ago...for the dogs!!! I keep Jake's belly shaved, he's incredibly hairy and it seems to help keep him cool. I love the cooling mats. Also, I understand that wetting down their paws helps. I read something about this where there was a dog walk and it was really warm that day. They had buckets of water all along the walk to dip the dogs feet in.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Here in NY its SO HOT..the a/c keeps the house cool but now i can't really take King outside 4 very long cuz its so HOT...so we try to play a lot inside.. I've come up wit a couple of games for King that are both fun and keep him cool...

1) Is a take a regualr spray bottle w/ cold water and set it to stream...then a shot a couple shot in the air...King tries to catch some other shots just land on him back and he really enjoys it...But I'm not using the bottle like discipline...its more like rain on him

2) Another one is I block the kitchen off and put a couple of ice cubes on the floor and King goes nuts trying to catch then and eat 'em

Also wat I've done for King is take a ice cube tray and fill it will either Chicken Broth or diluted Apple Juice and make cubes from that and King loves it...So much more then regalr water ice cubes
    Aaron, King and the rest of family
    living in NY