• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Lily's weight check

Oh that's great news Karlin...well done on sticking to the diet and exercise plan, I think sometimes it's harder for us than the dogs!!

I'm sure Lily feels much better too.

Good to hear that her feathering is coming in, it's surprising how quickly it grows back. It does sound like she has a typical "spayed bitch" coat...do you have a coat king? That would take out some of that fluffiness.

Well done Karlin and Lily :pi*no: I thought Lily was beautiful before she lost the weight, now I'll bet she is stunning :lotsaluv:

Are you coping OK with 3? I don't really find any difference. Once you get more than one the hair is incredible anyway so you don't really notice a bit more to :v*cuum: every day :lol:

Karlin, that's marvellous. Is Lily now a permanent fixture with your crew? :D

I've had luck on the weight loss front too- people are starting to tell me that my dog 'still hasn't filled out yet'. Er, she's three and a half. Two, she's done the 'filling out' lark and gotten back down again! :D

She's here for now is about the best I can say -- it is pretty easy having three and Lily despite her barkiness when around other dogs outside, is very easy as a housedog. But a home may come up that would suit her really well, so I keep that in mind, too. My house is also pretty small for four cats and three dogs. When I was thinking of adding a third, it was when I was actively trying to buy a larger house with a garden. That won't happen now for a while and if I need to go back to the US for family reasons, three would be difficult for me there. So I am always thinking about the situation and what the best decision would be. Right now, it is like having seven children in a two bedroom house. :yikes :lol: I woudn't have rehomed her before now anyway as she needed the weight off and I thought, a spay (that she turned out to already have had). She is a little character, full of opinions. Most likely she will stay, not least because Jaspar is finally willing to sleep alongside her; which only took four months! Nicki, I need to get a coat king as she definitely needs some thinning and cleaning up!

Karlin said:
Right now, it is like having seven children in a two bedroom house. :yikes :lol:

Now you know what it was like in the olden days, except they had no gas or electric either :lol:

The words 'old woman' and 'shoe' spring to mind ;) :lol:

Back